Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

E3 2009: Metal Gear Solid: Rising is Not an XBox 360 Exclusive

Sponsored Links
    Turns out that the recently announced Metal Gear Solid: Rising is not going to be released only on Xbox 360.

It appears that Microsoft was just the first group to dish out details on the Raiden-starring game. That's why Microsoft didn't go around bragging about the game being an Xbox 360 exclusive.

"You know, we didn't say that it was exclusive," clarified Xbox executive and corporate VP John Schappert (the guy who held Microsoft's press conference) in an interview held after the conference.

"We said that the next Metal Gear will be coming [to Xbox 360]," he said.

"I couldn't be more excited about him [Kojima] working on that [Metal Gear Solid Rising] and having that be part of our show," said Schappert. "When I heard about that, I was pretty ecstatic and it was an honor to be able to be on stage with him and announcing his next Metal Gear, which will be on Xbox 360."

With the conference being only about the Xbox 360, Shappert wasn't exactly going to go mention a PlayStation 3 version. There you have it though, you'll see this on the PlayStation 3 as well, Sony fans.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    figures... and i was storming my mind how would they get the PSP to work with it.

nice play Hideo tell the end you keep surpRISING!!...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I said this before and Iīm saying now, "You must be grateful in life, specially with the people that helped you" and this character (Hideo Kojima) is the most ungrateful man Iīve ever seen. He made millions with the Metal Gear Solid franchise since it was released in the original PlayStation (Not the Metal Gear released for the MSX in Japan and later released for the Famicom too) till now. But now he turn his back on SONY making the next Metal Gear a multiplatform game.

Thinking about it I realized why he is doing such a thing, the evil corporation Microsoft, well known for their defectuous sofware and hardware, may have put a suitcase filled with millions of dollars in Kojimaīs face and he couldnīt resist to that. Thatīs why I always say that the people must be grateful and no to kill their own mothers for money.

This is my opinion and I donīt expect anyone share it, but Iīm a little pissed off for the way that Kojima do things, thatīs all.
    Above all this matters I really think this is gonna be a hell of a game without doubt (Not better than MGS 4 of course)
    Last edited by kablooey; 06-02-2009 at 11:12 AM

I believe everyone is blowing this out of proportion, the xbots are jumping with glee not because they get the game but rather because it makes the sony fanboys cry, they do not seem to care for the game all that much to begin with. The sony fanboys are calling foul because they feel betrayed by Kojima for bringing this game to 360 even though it is also coming to PS3 and in the end MGS4 still remains exclusive to the console.

I have a more calm head so I'll try to analyze this, first, we know next to nothing about this game, for all I know it is a FPS starring Raiden using the things Kojima learned from his visit to the US. It could be nothing moe than an experiment on Western Games that may or may not be a good effort.

Second, this game is not stated to be MGS5, it is more like the PSP Portable Ops game, it does have to do with the story but it is not a full fledged game but rather a side story.

Third, in the same way MGS jumps to 360 there might be many exclusives that could also jump to PS3 that we may know by Sony's conference today or even MGS5 so I say people are jumping the gun a little early.

I for one am happy that the 360 owners have a MGS game, that the PS3 crowd will get it too (as well as the PC gamers) and that MGS4 still remains exclusive and is still the best MGS experience yet (even if people that haven't played it or claim to have done so but haven't say that it's a movie with very little gameplay Ž_Ž)

Well, I think exclusives are a bit ridiculous. I can understand if only one console has enough hardware power to run the game but if there is more than one console that can handle it then developers and publishers should try to maximize their fan base.

But if developers and publisher decide to go cross platform, they need to take the time to do it right or risk alienating or disappointing potential and existing fans. As a side note, I'd love to play WII games on the PS3 but that would only happen if Nintendo went the way of Sega and gave up on console development.

funny how after all those apple, blu ray, ps3 remarks in mgs4. MS would still pay/accept the mgs series on the console. lol

I htink it's a win win situation.. good for everyone

Any information about relase date ?

Quote Originally Posted by otarumx View Post
    I believe everyone is blowing this out of proportion, the xbots are jumping with glee not because they get the game but rather because it makes the sony fanboys cry, they do not seem to care for the game all that much to begin with. The sony fanboys are calling foul because they feel betrayed by Kojima for bringing this game to 360 even though it is also coming to PS3 and in the end MGS4 still remains exclusive to the console.

I have a more calm head so I'll try to analyze this, first, we know next to nothing about this game, for all I know it is a FPS starring Raiden using the things Kojima learned from his visit to the US. It could be nothing moe than an experiment on Western Games that may or may not be a good effort.

Second, this game is not stated to be MGS5, it is more like the PSP Portable Ops game, it does have to do with the story but it is not a full fledged game but rather a side story.

Third, in the same way MGS jumps to 360 there might be many exclusives that could also jump to PS3 that we may know by Sony's conference today or even MGS5 so I say people are jumping the gun a little early.

I for one am happy that the 360 owners have a MGS game, that the PS3 crowd will get it too (as well as the PC gamers) and that MGS4 still remains exclusive and is still the best MGS experience yet (even if people that haven't played it or claim to have done so but haven't say that it's a movie with very little gameplay Ž_Ž)
    Indeed fanboys are annoying I laughed at my friend who is a PS3 fanboy because he was so mad over it. I personally think Konami will get their butts kicked again however.

Has anyone stopped and considered why konami made MGS3 and 4 PS3 only? Clearly they put MGS2 on the xbox as well as the PS2 so why would they put the other 2 on Sony's console only? Because 1: it sold a hell of a lot better on PS since the PS1 and.. 2: Exclusives can make more money then multi-platform games most of the time.

Many people are like what? I thought multi-platform games made more money. Well here's the thing about that, people lean more toward exclusives then multi-platform games. Why? Because in the history of games exclusives have blown the multi-ports out of the water, In not only graphics but also game play and presentation.

A perfect example of this is inFAMOUS. Although the game was great do you really think with prototype and red faction coming out that it would stand a chance regardless of if it's game play is better? No, no it wouldn't. I my self planned on getting red faction but I saw that inFAMOUS was a exclusive, I knew the game had a 70% chance of being better then it looked and I took a gamble and won. Had it not been exclusive I would have went with red faction over it.

So in regards of money I really think Konami will lose on this like they did with MGS2. Not saying they shouldn't have gone multi-platform because I am glad that everyone will get to see the story of the game now. But it's going to lose them money.

One thing that it is important to keep in mind and that I've actually seen in some blogs is that to some people MGS Rising coming to 360 means they can pirate the game and play it in their modified consoles, so, in the end the PS3 version will of course net more money to konami since it is still not posible to play backups on it.

I guess that is also why MGS4 won't come to 360, It might have sold a bit of copies but in the end the cheapskates would just pirate it.

The PS3 version probably netted enough money for Kojima Pro that they can develop 3 games at the same time and I fully expect MGS5 to come exclusively to PS3 if the piracy rate of MGS Rising on 360 gets big enough so, to all 360 fans please don't be a cheapskate and buy the game if you want the next episode of the franchise in your console.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News