Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

E3 2009: Final Fantasy XIV Online Announced for PS3

Sponsored Links
    The mystery massively multiplayer online game that Square Enix has been working on was revealed at the Sony press conference today. Originally under the code name Rapture, the game is officially the next one in the long-running series and is titled Final Fantasy XIV online.

Sea creatures were leaping out of water and flying reptiles soaring through the skies in the midst of an intense battle.

The impressive cutscenes showed several characters in elaborate armor and different races, and at the end of the trailer a small group of heroes band together, with a chocobo standing patiently behind them as they looked to the impressive landscape before them.

To quote: Today at E3 Square Enix and Sony Comptuer Entertainment have announced Final Fantasy XIV Online to be released exclusively on the PlayStation 3 in 2010.

Not many details are known yet, however, it is Square Enix's next MMO, possibly the codenamed Rapture title. More to come soon.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I really hope that Square Enix uses hte Playstation Network for this game, I find it easier to pay a monthly fee for an MMO with it than making a Playonline account, besides I like to pay with PSN Cards rather than Credit Card.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by otarumx View Post
    I really hope that Square Enix uses hte Playstation Network for this game, I find it easier to pay a monthly fee for an MMO with it than making a Playonline account, besides I like to pay with PSN Cards rather than Credit Card.
    I'm not going to assume this is a pay-to-play game. Sony has strongly sided with free internet access for all.

As I stated before I hope square-enix tries something new with this game besides an mmorpg. However, now that it's revealed that it is a new final fantasy game, the chances seem to be slim that they will try something new. Oh well, hopefully i'm wrong and they do find something interesting to base the game on.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News