Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by kutibah View Post
    Windows XP will not see EXT3. They are incompatible.
    Windows can see EXT3, there was a file in another similar topic to this one where a poster uploaded a file that would make EXT2 and EXT3 readable under XP.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I gave ya some Rep Points and also +50 credits... and attached the EXE to your post as well. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for this information. Now, to find out the best pieces to modify. Many possibilities come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pRoFlT View Post
    Okay somewhat linux newb here. But anyways.

FAT32 has 4 gig file size not partition size. And i think someone said cod3 was about 6 or 7 gigs. There is a way to split the file in linux but i dont know what the command is.

ext3 would be the best way to format the drive. I would format ntfs (from windows since most of you out there probably dont use linux much) and try it. I keep reading that the ps3 cant read ntfs. But i dont see how that would effect linux. The PS3 has usb port linux can mount usb drives. you should be able to type mount -t ntf /dev/sda (or sdb) /mnt/mydirectory

First you would need to make the directory. type mkdir /tmp/whateveryouwant

Although YDL may not know what "ntfs" is. I'm sure you could add it. Or use the fedora image, i know it can mount ntfs.

For those of you at the command line and get no permission and such type: sudo su
    It may ask for root password. Then you should have full controll of YDL. To make directories delete files etc...

And to the one with the backup problem. your device /dev/cdrom <-- i thought i read it was located at /dev/dvd but i would have to double check my ps3 to be sure.

Hope this helps someone.
    fyi to you. NTFS in Fedora is read only. Even if you can recompile YD5 to support NTFS, you will not be able to do anything with it. Sorry.

I see that a lot of people are trying to view EXT3 formatted disk in Windows. Have you consider scp from YD5 to your Windows? that way, you don't have to bother moving disks around. It might be a bit slower, but will also work.

This is how I did a blu-ray dump because I didn't feel like hooking up an external drive, so I just mounted a windows share and copied it to their like this:

mkdir /mnt/share

mount //<shareip>/<sharename> /mnt/share -o username=user,password=xxx

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/mnt/share/dump.iso

Quote Originally Posted by vkr95 View Post
    2. Install UFS Explorer (You can use the trial for this so you don’t have to buy) You can get it attached below.
    /ufsexplorer.exe (USE THIS ONLY SINCE THE NEW ONES cant let you transfer files).
    I would suggest to mount the EXT3 partition under Windows using the following free driver:

EXT2IFS
    [Register or Login to view links]

Regards.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News