Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Difference between 'gold' and regular HDMI Cords?

Sponsored Links
    I see some with gold and some with out and was wondering if there is a difference between the two?

I am not quite sure and can someone suggest a good HDMI cord that is cheap also?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have used both and the picture quality was massively different. I was seeing some pixelation and dark shadows were blocky with the cheap cable.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think that there is a real difference between a gold connector and a regular one, since the connection is digital it's either there or it's not. You can get a good cheap HDMI cable from the online Apple store. It's about $20 and also is gold, just in case you wanted peace of mind.

Thanks, I will check it out.. so there is a difference just not a great difference?

I am new to the whole HD TV and cord stuff I just got my HD tv and researched the cords and stuff and found HDMI was the best bet and found out gold and regular and couldnt get a clear difference between the two.

There is no difference between the connection of a gold connector and a regular connector, however gold does not corrode as much so the cable will probably work for a longer amount of time.

Banned User
    The gold is THE best metal for electricity purpose, it's the fastest one and the most expensive. I haven't noticed any difference but I think it could reduce the input lag.

There is a difference between gold and other connectors. whether its worth the cost difference is up to you. Because gold is more conductive and offers less electrical resistance it will improve picture quality however if you buy a "cheap" hdmi cable the video quality will be reduced. There is little difference between a well made hdmi cable and a gold cable, however if you are looking at cables in the same price range, definitely pick the gold cable.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News