DICE Junior Product Manager Tommy Rydling has announced today that the Battlefield 3 PS3 Open Beta is now available on PSN!Sponsored Links
To quote: Starting now, we are happy to invite all PS3 players to the much anticipated Battlefield 3 Open Beta!
Played on the Operation Metro map in Rush mode that won us [Register or Login to view links], this is your chance to experience one of many flavors of Battlefield 3.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your great interest in this Open Beta. By joining, you will help us stress test servers, allow us to run important tests on the game's back-end and Battlelog.
Remember that this software is in Beta and does not represent the game's final quality - you'll have to wait for October 25th for that! For a full FAQ on the Open Beta, head [Register or Login to view links].
Please leave any feedback to us at DICE via the forums in the social platform [Register or Login to view links]. Make sure to also head to our free social platform Battlelog to check your in-depth stats progression, start your own Platoon, and see how your friends are doing in the news feed.
To get you started on the Operation Metro map, here are some playing tips straight from us at DICE. You can also study the PS3 control scheme in the image below. Enjoy, and let us know what you think!
DICE's Top 10 Battlefield Tips for Operation Metro:
1. Stick to your teammates, and remember to spawn on them to stay close to the fight.
2. Use your kit specific abilities to help your team mates. Assault can hand out med kits, Engineers can repair vehicles, and Support can hand out ammo.
3. When you arm an M-COM station, defend it to ensure it's destroyed.
4. The bombed-out tunnel section in Operation Metro is an excellent place to use a flashlight as one of your weapon attachments. Use it to light the tunnels up - and to blind your enemies!
5. Attach bipods to your weapon and deploy it automatically by pushing up against cover or laying prone and zooming in - this gives you a huge increase in accuracy and stability.
6. Use suppressive fire (shoot close to enemies behind cover) to negatively impact the enemy's fighting capabilities.
7. Watch out for falling debris -- it can hurt you! But you can also hurt your enemies by taking out buildings with the Engineer's RPG.
8. Shotguns are excellent for CQC (Close Quarters Combat) in the tighter tunnels sections.
9. Fire automatic weapons in short bursts for accuracy, or switch to single-fire mode if applicable.
10. To grab your enemy's dog tag as a souvenir, perform a stealth knife kill from behind.
More PlayStation 3 News...