Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Crackle Video Streaming Service Heads to PlayStation 3 for Free

Sponsored Links
    Today it was announced that Sony's TV and movie video streaming service Crackle is heading to the PlayStation 3 console for free.

PS3 owners will find Crackle via the built-in Web browser, and the homepage will have a direct link available.

To quote from GamesRadar.com (linked above): Crackle, an ad-supported video streaming service that just so happens to be owned by Sony Pictures, announced a sweeping expansion today.

It's now available on numerous devices including Sony Blu-ray players and TVs, as well as Roku boxes and, of course, the PS3.

Crackle works like Hulu, but it has a stronger focus on movies, with hundreds of films available, as well as original programming.

Among the studios supporting Crackle are Columbia Pictures, TriStar Pictures, Screen Gems, and Sony Pictures Classics. Incidentally, those are all Sony Pictures studios. The company says it adds 20 new titles per month.

Crackle Video Streaming Service Heads to PlayStation 3 for Free

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i hope though doubt we will get this in aussie... look out for us to sony.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I'm surprised they aren't charging for this like they do for everything else... even with ads.

"PS3 owners will find Crackle via the built-in Web browser"

ps3 bug built-in Web browser ready to freeze my ps3.

hopefully it won't require you to update to latest f/w.

Banned User
    Interesting, but I am sticking to my Netflix instant watch. I can't even fathom how buggy this is going to be on release, it took Netflix years to refine the instant watch service, and since this service is free it's likely going to be a disaster. Plus it sounds like the movie selection will be pretty poor. I have a hard enough time finding decent movies I haven't seen or want to see on NF instant as it is, and they have a HUGE selection.

Where do I go to try this out ? I went to the ps3 browser but, It's not there. I'm using a us account.

its pretty cool

Once you open the Internet browser and you get to the standard ps3 home page you will see crackle. just press x on it and it will take you to the site. It has some decent movies, not up to the highest standards yet but it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    i hope though doubt we will get this in aussie... look out for us to sony.
    Why not try it via your pc to see if it works downunder, just tried it in the uk and i can watch films so i assume it will work on my ps3.

Well I just spent the last few hours watching movies through this, And I must say I LOVE it.

Ever since my broken bluray drive caused me to not be able to use netflix, I have been looking for alternative uses for my PS3. And thanks to this, I now have one.

The video quality, Speed, Both are wonderful, And the movies that are here right from the start is a pretty damn good selection. And to top it off, I only see ONE 30 second advertisement for every hour of playing videos.

I can really say... I love this... It even seems to preform better than netflix did (Better than disc and standard pkg install)

Only thing that i want to see fixed, is every 10 mins it stops playing video for a moment to load an advertisement (But for some reason only loads one advertisement every hour, so it just kind of sits there on a blank screen for 10 seconds every 10 mins)

But, its a work in progress, and an amazing one at that.

I suggest everyone give this a shot, theres some good movies in here to pick from!

Edit: Okay guys, You can view it in your computer browser by this link: [Register or Login to view links]
    Last edited by SexyVampiire; 03-31-2011 at 02:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News