Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Court Sides with Sony on PSN Terms, LulzSec Hacker Pleads Guilty

Sponsored Links
    Recently a Northern California district court [Register or Login to view links] with Sony (PDF) on their TOS change requiring disputes to be resolved through arbitration, while LulzSec hacker Cody Kretsinger pleaded guilty to one count each of conspiracy and unauthorized impairment of a protected computer.

To quote from TechDirt.com (linked above): "Some folks were not at all happy about this and sought to file a class action lawsuit against Sony for the change -- but that lawsuit has been (pretty quickly) [Register or Login to view links] by the court, suggesting that the main guy suing failed to show evidence of any harm.

In an interesting move, the court found that the fact that you lost access to the network if you didn't agree to the new terms isn't evidence of any harm, but rather a choice."

Also from [Register or Login to view links] on the LulzSec Sony Pictures Entertainment hacking last year, to quote: "An accused member of Anonymous offshoot LulzSec has pleaded guilty to participating in an extensive hack of Sony Pictures Entertainment in 2011.

Reuters has [Register or Login to view links] that in a deal with prosecutors, Cody Kretsinger pleaded guilty to one count each of conspiracy and unauthorized impairment of a protected computer. We still don't have any information on the deal, but it was apparently enough to get him to reverse an earlier "not guilty" plea.

Kretsinger, allegedly known as "recursion" within LulzSec, was accused last year of obtaining information from Sony and passing it along to other members. Kretsinger was the first alleged member of LulzSec to be apprehended, a list that is now significantly longer after last month's arrests."

Court Sides with Sony on PSN Terms, LulzSec Hacker Pleads Guilty

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

fineman v sony.pdf  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sure ... Sure! It's EXACTLY the same "choice" as #pay up for the protection or your shop will burn down# or #I'll cut of your balls if you don't hand me the wallet# ... Nothing but Mafia practices with backing of the "law" bribed by all the lobbyists - shame!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Haha, wow - you just nailed it on the head! /thread
    Last edited by moja; 04-06-2012 at 02:06 PM

Republican appointed judges always side with big companies on issues like this.

Banned User
    I like to see Sony get to any Court around the world [out of US], and eventually they will end up on one, and then the hammer gonna fall on their balls. Choice is when I come to store and I get to pick things on equal terms and what I paid for.

I buy a car, nice and quick, running on small amount of gas, and then the car manufacturer comes in two-three years and say: Kiddo, from now on you car is sucking gas like a truck, you cant drive faster then 50 and no headlights for you at night.

Sir, its not what I agreed upon when decided to buy this car. Go with your new "choice", drive it as we want you to or park it in a garage.

Banned User
    This is so ridiculous, it could only happen in America. Any other country would just tell Sony to stop crying and make a proper TOS.
    Last edited by ps3hen; 04-07-2012 at 04:34 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News