Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Confirmed not to be working in the netherlands (by me)

Banned User

Angry Ip Region Lock!!!

The app is most probably IP region locked, I live in Romania (Europe), trying to access it trough an UK account and it's not possible! HOME and PS Store works but vidzone is not! Of course my default account does not work with neither one !
    It says it's only available in UK, Spain, France and some other countries...

So sadly for the majority of PS3 users, this time SONY WAS SMART ENOUGH TO SCAN FOR IP REGIONS not only for users countries!

Hehehe.. I'll try a proxy sometime later and share the results with you!

For everyone who got the TOO BUSY error don't try it no more if you are not in those countries! IT JUST DOES NOT WORK!

I'm able to connect using a proxy, but I still receive an error during the update library thing.

EDIT: Ok I got VidZone working using a proxy server. It took a while but I'm in finally. I guess it depends on the server's load (public free proxy servers suck in general anyway)
    Last edited by GZA1984; 06-12-2009 at 11:17 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wink

Ok I got VidZone working using a proxy server. It took a while but I'm in finally. I guess it depends on the server's load (public free proxy servers suck in general anyway)[/QUOTE]

Good work. What country's store are you connecting at? UK store?

Hi i got this on my uk console (in uk) and while its quite good, there are several annoying problems with it...

1. Unable to accept license unless you use a controller (ie can't use the BD remote)
    2. Unable to use the service at all with a BD remote! (Come on - WTF!?)
    3. Poor/unintuative navigation (eg to get back to the main menu, once you have something playing, you have to go into a sub menu and then find a link at the bottom of one of the menus to go to the homepage)
    4. Horrendous load time for intiial application boot up (AFTER initial installation boot - which takes even longer while it sets up the vid library)

Nice idea, poorly implemented.

Will probably use it from time to time, but the titles listed currently are pretty limited - has a Search feature so i thought i'd try for some GreenDay - not a sausage. Has got most UK chart stuff though by the looks of it - hopefully they'll expand the title list.

My rating: 6/10
    (Would much prefer to have the video store you lot in the US have!!)

PSPSwampy.

Quote Originally Posted by trasek View Post
    Ok I got VidZone working using a proxy server. It took a while but I'm in finally. I guess it depends on the server's load (public free proxy servers suck in general anyway)

Good work. What country's store are you connecting at? UK store?
    Ya, UK account and UK store.

Tested and works nice, 23 MB Download, Install... and then go. My Ps3 is now worked by my Girlfriend -.- Crap But nice, the videos loads up fast and the sound is very good.

Vid Quality is ahh not so nice, but ok. And the Remote doesn't work proper in v 1.01.

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    I'm able to connect using a proxy, but I still receive an error during the update library thing.

EDIT: Ok I got VidZone working using a proxy server. It took a while but I'm in finally. I guess it depends on the server's load (public free proxy servers suck in general anyway)
    Hi... could you give me a little help on how you got it to work with proxy?.... im using the PS3.ProxyServer.GUI

Quote Originally Posted by 912 View Post
    Hi... could you give me a little help on how you got it to work with proxy?.... im using the PS3.ProxyServer.GUI
    You make a new XMB/PSN account for the country that's supported by VidZone. go to the shop and download the application and install it.

Search for a fast and reliable proxy server (pay-server preferred).
    Go to network settings, when prompted to use a proxy server, enter it's IP and port number, Test you connection and start VidZone. No need to use PS3.ProxyServer.GUI. Just make sure the proxy server matches the country you want to use to get into VidZone

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    (Would much prefer to have the video store you lot in the US have!!)

PSPSwampy.
    Yes, I would love to have the video store too. PS3 stores should have the same content to offer all the users as much as possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast