Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Registered User wicked insanity's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

Confirmed: Euro DualShock 3 Controller for July 4 at 39.99 GBP

Sponsored Links
    Just got this from Sony: "I'm pleased to announce Dualshock 3 will be released in the UK on July 4th for £39.99."

Press Release: DUALSHOCK┬®3 Wireless Controller available for PLAYSTATION┬®3 this summer

Feel the full power of your games as the eagerly awaited DUALSHOCK┬®3 Wireless Controller arrives on PS3™

June 27, 2008: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that DUALSHOCK┬®3 Wireless Controller will be available for PLAYSTATION┬®3 (PS3™) in Europe on July 4, 2008. The eagerly awaited wireless controller with vibration function will put truly responsive gaming power into players' hands, shaking up gaming experiences when it arrives on PS3 this summer.

It's not what you see - it's what you feel that makes DUALSHOCK 3 the first choice for all gamers. More than 28 million DUALSHOCK controllers have been sold since the first DUALSHOCK release for PlayStation┬® in 1998. Now DUALSHOCK 3 puts some serious power into existing and future PS3 titles, with its vibration function offering even more interactive play between gamers and the many games - past, present and future - which support the vibration functionality. DUALSHOCK 3 also retains the high-precision, high-response motion-sensitive aspects that have made SIXAXIS so popular.

David Reeves, President and CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, commented, "We are delighted to confirm that DUALSHOCK 3 will be released in SCEE territories in early July. We hope this will add to the intense gaming experience for our fans, as we continue to evolve PS3, its software and its peripherals."

Almost all future PS3 releases will support DUALSHOCK 3, and the controller is already compatible with many existing PS3 titles (firmware upgrade 1.94 required). Face the heart-pounding fear of alien warfare in Resistance: Fall of Man™, hold tight as you tear through the streets of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue™, or feel the thrill of treasure hunting in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune™ - your favourite PS3 games like you've never experienced them before.

Making your gaming experience more immersive, more intuitive and more realistic, DUALSHOCK 3 is the only Bluetooth┬® controller combining vibration function and SIXAXIS™ features, and the first choice for anyone wanting to get the most out of their PS3 gaming experience.

Confirmed: Euro DualShock 3 Controller for July 4 at 39.99 GBP

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it is a bit pricey... i will wait for a 3rd party controller.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've already imported mine from japan for ú29.99.. I'm glad I did now, I got it earlier and cheaper

Sponsored Links

Crazy

Sponsored Links
    I'm real surprised it's taken them this long to release this, it's not like its a game that has to be translated from japan, it's a damn controller, and SONY is written in english in all versions of it, why wasn't it a world wide release all at once?

I was thinking the same thing. I have mine a couple months imported from Hong-Kong and still waiting for another for 29.00 GBP too. There're no compatibility issues, whatsoever. The only drawback i can think is the warranty issue...

warrenty issue? explain further, like what and how?

i think i will wait for a third party one, like the sixaxis 3rd party controller.

40GP are 50€ so i could buy a game for this price!

It's definately worth the purchase. I've had nothing but good times with my DS3 and it has a longer battery life than the sixaxis.

Quote Originally Posted by shodown19 View Post
    It's definately worth the purchase. I've had nothing but good times with my DS3 and it has a longer battery life than the sixaxis.
    I'd never of thought the rumbling DS3 would out live the sixaxis in life span after a charge.. you sure? I'll be getting one on that basis alone, im sick of charging up my controller all the time. Saying that you can now buy duel packs of sixaxis for next to nothing now because of this release.

to be honest, i haven't noticed any change in battery time, but thats because i got my DS3 pretty much as soon as i got my PS3 with its sixaxis so i never use the sixaxis, however i would get one because it does subtly change the game. I've found that if you have a laptop and your battery gets abit low, just have it on next to you using its usb to charge your controller, simple work around for the short lifespan.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News