Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by rajb245 View Post
    Ah, I see encode params called resizedWidth and resizedHeight. Hopefully setting these will do the trick!
    yeah that's the way to go. you just have to care for the dimensions. I looked it up yesterday and the api checks if width is a multiple of 16 and height a multiple of 4 and gives a invalid parameters error otherwise.

Changing those resize parameters settings worked for me!

The other thing I had to be careful of was setting the framerate parameter correctly. The ffmpeg side of things detects and dumps the framerate, but main.cpp hardcodes the framerate value.

Now I'm having issues remuxing the H264 ES I get with audio, and having the result be viewable. MP4box does a good job putting things into the right container, but everything else seems a bit shaky.

Sorry for the frame rate, it's just no end user version yet
    For muxing I usually take belight to encode the ac3 streams of a dvd into aac and then it just goes
    Code:
    for testing
    mp4box -add video.h264 -new out.mp4
    for dvd mostly
    mp4box -add video.h264 -add "audio_en.m4a:lang=en" -add "audio_de.m4a:lang=de" -new out.mp4
    or if only one audio stream
    mp4box -add video.h264 -add audio.m4a -new out.mp4
    just found out about the language setting for streams with mp4box the other day, so I thought I'd mention it

as for the data/stream you get from the ps3, it was named H264 ES in the .Net application so I just copied that. seems to be just a raw h264 stream more or less the same as what you get when you do
    Code:
    mp4 -raw %trackid% video.mp4
    so you could just add it to a mp4 without audio and import from the mp4 if your application doesn't support the raw stream

reminds me, I didn't got my hands on some interlaced material to test the interlacing. So if anyone could upload a short clip of interlaced vid that I could use to test, I'd be thankful
    Last edited by Zerotacg; 04-28-2010 at 11:51 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is nice, had some problems to get it to work but now it does convert my small sample wmv hd video correctly.

I'm used staxrip to create a avisynth script for resizing to iphone format. With small video i had no problems but with larger samples i get:

Code:
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
    Is this already posted on the doom9.org forums? some people might be interested here.

Quote Originally Posted by arreman79 View Post
    This is nice, had some problems to get it to work but now it does convert my small sample wmv hd video correctly.

I'm used staxrip to create a avisynth script for resizing to iphone format. With small video i had no problems but with larger samples i get:

Code:
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
    Is this already posted on the doom9.org forums? some people might be interested here.
    edit: Problem with error is only when I use avisynth. I have now compiled with height and width for iPhone.

Only for some reason the audio is out of sync, tried different framerate settings.23_976 & 24 source is 23.98
    Last edited by arreman79; 05-24-2010 at 06:12 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question

Zerotacg , are you still working on this?

nah sorry not really atm. I currently don't have much time and motivation and actually kind of forgot about it.

here is the latest source without libs so one would need the previous archive also.

not sure what I added most likely not much

About doom9, they have a policy against warez or so and as this is kind of close to illegal since I use the dll I don't think they would like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zerotacg; 05-29-2010 at 08:33 AM

Okay too bad you lost motivation, i was exited about this project

i'll test your latest version to see whats changed. for now i see you added cropping, don't know if it's working also? how hard is it to let it support avisynth and let that do all the cropping, resizing, adding subtitles.

cropping works if you stick to the right dimensions, that is a multiple of 16 in width and 4 in height. I just added it to rip some of my movies to put em on the ps3 so I didn't add the possibility to set it up via commandline arguments.

as for avisynth it shouldn't be to hard if you modify the frame_queue to support it and if it outputs as yuv42 as that is the format that is sent to the ps3, didn't take a look at avisynth api so I'm not sure.

as for motivation I simply forgot about it ;D well I might get some spare time mid next week so I might take a look.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123