Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28



  1. #11
    Senior Member cfwprophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,815
    Sponsored Links

    Wink

    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by vil33 View Post
    The link is down, mind posting a mirror for the file, thanks.
    The link isnt down. I have downloaded codecsys just this minute.

  2. #12
    Registered User vil33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Sponsored Links

    Wink

    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    The link isnt down. I have downloaded codecsys just this minute.
    Ignore my request for my mirror, it wasn't working at that time.

  3. #13
    Registered User rajb245's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was able to pull down the trial file. I'm on Mac OS at the moment, so I can't install/decompress the installer, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the PS3 side of the application that is in that installer is the same as the tarball here:
    [Register or Login to view links]

    This tarball claims to be the source code for CodecSys; it seems to me that it is the source for just the open source bits (kernel, busybox). Plus, there appears to be a mountable root filesystem, which has a file /app/cecom, which I think is the actual encoder binary. Any ideas if I'm right?

    If the encoder binary is available, and the Windows part's API has been reverse engineered, then I think a free (as in cost) version of CodecSys basically available. Cool stuff!

  4. #14
    Senior Member shummyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    739
    Sponsored Links

    Arrow

    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by rajb245 View Post
    I was able to pull down the trial file. I'm on Mac OS at the moment, so I can't install/decompress the installer, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the PS3 side of the application that is in that installer is the same as the tarball here:
    Check out Winrar or this Web site. It has a guide to extract and decompress natievly in MAC: [Register or Login to view links]

  5. #15
    Registered User Zerotacg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by rajb245 View Post
    Plus, there appears to be a mountable root filesystem, which has a file /app/cecom, which I think is the actual encoder binary.
    I tried to mount the initrd from the otheros.bld shipped with the CodecSys Trial, but it didn't work since I don't know the filesystem and where it does start. Still the cecom executable should be the right thing. You could just try and run it on a general YDL Install.

  6. #16
    Registered User rajb245's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotacg View Post
    I tried to mount the initrd from the otheros.bld shipped with the CodecSys Trial, but it didn't work since I don't know the filesystem and where it does start. Still the cecom executable should be the right thing. You could just try and run it on a general YDL Install.
    I put the cecom binary on a general Ubuntu install on my PS3. It ALMOST worked out of the box, but there was one dependency issue. cecom requires a 64bit version of the zlib shared library, which isn't available on the Ubuntu I'm using. BUT, that shared library IS on that disk image, so I just copied it from that root filesystem to my ubuntu lib directory, and cecom runs!

    Also, I was able to run the CodecSysApi files as well on my PC, after installing Qt4 (the version that ships with MinGW and gcc 4.4.0) to get all the DLL dependencies right. I have just gotten my Gig Ethernet card in today, so I'm going to try some encodes using the PS3! I'll keep you guys posted about how well it works.

    Thanks a bunch zerotacg!

  7. #17
    Registered User Zerotacg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    43
    the image data is sent as yuv420 so depending on your resolution it's not that much data sent (width * height * 1.5). HD would be about 3MB/s or 24MBit/s so 100MBit should work well enough. Got GBit components here though so I can't try if 100MBit is enough.

    And you don't need a direct link to the PS3 as CodecSys suggests works just fine with a switch.

  8. #18
    Registered User rajb245's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    So, this works quite nicely! I encoded some 1080i MPEG2 source material from my cable box, and it appears to have encoded at about 30fps.

    The thing that I really need this for is encoding MPEG2 obtained from a cable box to h264. As such, the biggest features I need are cropping and resizing, and detelecine and decomb. I think ffmpeg can be used on the PC side to do all of this before sending yuv420 to the PS3 for encoding. I'll look into this and see if I can provide a patch.

    Other nice features would be a frames per second display and estimated finish time. I'm sure the fixstars API has functions for getting at this info, and I'll look into it.

  9. #19
    Registered User Zerotacg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    43
    cropping can be easily done in the function that generates the yuv frames as needed for the ps3, did this for my self, I could update the code later on, just have to clean it up a bit.

    As for resizing you take a look at "CFrameQueue::getConverted()" it uses the ffmpeg function for resizing/scaleing etc. I just use it to convert the frame to yuv420, but the function can resize n stuff as well.

    As for interlacing that can be done by the API somehow, didn't look into it by now, but basicly you set the corresponding encoder setting and double the keyframe interval and some other settings.

    Reminds me Resolutions have to be multiple of 16 in width and multiple of 2 (not sure maybe 4) in height, gives a parameter_error otherwise.

    Edit: Just played around with the resizing a bit, the ps3 can do it for ya ;D only downsizing that is though. I'll try how to use interlacing next and will mash up a version with variable encoding parameters next
    Last edited by Zerotacg; 04-26-2010 at 02:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #20
    Registered User rajb245's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerotacg View Post
    just played around with the resizing a bit, the ps3 can do it for ya ;D only downsizing that is though.
    I'll try how to use interlacing next and will mash up a version with variable encoding parameters next
    Great that the PS3 can scale down! This would be primarily what I want to use it for, going from 1920x1080 down to 1280x720. Can you give me any tips about how to enable this now in the source code (before you release the next version?)

    As far as the interlacing thing, I've looked into how to deinterlace content. Specifically, I've looked into detelecine, which reverses the progressive to interlaced process that happens when film is encoded for television. I think I might be able to implement this in your code; I'll let you know if I make progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajb245 View Post
    Great that the PS3 can scale down! This would be primarily what I want to use it for, going from 1920x1080 down to 1280x720. Can you give me any tips about how to enable this now in the source code (before you release the next version?)
    Ah, I see encode params called resizedWidth and resizedHeight. Hopefully setting these will do the trick!
    Last edited by rajb245; 04-27-2010 at 02:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

 

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News