Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Closed Home BETA applications open for Japan

Sponsored Links
    Sony Computer Entertainment Japan announced today that they are now accepting applications from July 31, 2008 (Thursday) to August 11 (Monday).

Applications are made by downloading the PlayStation Home PS3 theme. The BETA will start in late August and is limited to 10,000 people.

In the case there are too many applicants, there will be a lottery to decide who is selected for the BETA. Images of the Japanese BETA show a Namco space that features the games Pac-Man, Moth-paid, DigDug and Elevator Action.

There is also an image of an Echochrome arcade machine inside Home.

Closed Home BETA applications open for Japan

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hopefully its still effective.. i just downloaded the theme!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just made a Jap PSN account as well, and downloaded and applied the theme .. hope I'm selected

I think it's totaly useless because SCEJ verify your ip address and your physical address...You need to be japanese...

Quote Originally Posted by enyxer View Post
    I think it's totaly useless because SCEJ verify your ip address and your physical address...You need to be japanese...
    That may be true, but having a JP store account is useful anyway since you can download some demos not available elsewhere. So if you already have an account you don't have much to lose.

One thing I thought was interesting was that before downloading the theme the PS3 goes through the "Activating" stage, similar to purchased content. I wonder exactly what happens during that.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News