Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Capcom Tests New DRM on Final Fight: Double Impact via PSN

Sponsored Links
    IGN reports that Capcom is currently testing new DRM protection on Final Fight: Double Impact via PlayStation Network in an effort to combat PSN GameSharing.

It is important to note, however, that the game only requires one initial check at at start-up. Once the game has loaded, it appears you can then sign out of PSN.

To quote: "He later discovered Final Fight: Double Impact can only be played on the same account it was purchased on.

Capcom issued a [Register or Login to view links] to his concern, according to his message post, saying this move was done in an effort to combat "rampant" game sharing on PlayStation Network but emphasized this may not be implemented on all future titles.

"Yes, there is DRM. This was employed to combat the rampant 'PSN Sharing' that has been going on over the last year," a representative wrote to nacthenud. "We're sorry that your family cannot play the game on their individual accounts (same console). This is a limitation of the Sony network."

"We are not committed to do this with all titles moving forward but the only way to evaluate impact was to try it with one title first."

Capcom Tests New DRM on Final Fight: Double Impact via PSN

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Even better way to ensure that users cannot access their content in the event of an error on PSN or Sony's servers go offline (temporarily or permanently).

Congrats on being the new RIAA, Capcom. Good thing I don't like most your games Just hope other publishers realize how much people will/do hate this stunt.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I bought this game because i was happy over seeing it come out, but i am disapointed to see this is how they fight gamesharing... I think i'm more sick of the GS BS than the Piracy BS... I swear can't companies just admit their games suck? and that's why their selling poorly... I've yet to see anyone trade or ask for Final Fight, and i doubt it will happen either.

this is lame. like what a previous poster said, what happens if there is a problem with the psn on sony's side? are all users locked out of their purchased games/add-ons if either the psn or local internet service is interrupted? i was looking to get final fight, but after this news i have changed my mind. thanks capcom.

Simply avoid anything encumbered with DRM. So what kills a business model faster?

Consumers avoiding DRM encumbered [games/videos/music/movies/books]

or...

Rampant [piracy/game sharing/renting]

Stick it to these companies by just saying NO. Besides, DRM and other copy protection measures only keep honest people honest - the dishonest people will still hack the content and use it anywhere they damn well like, and share it with their friends.

Stick yer DRM up yer chute sideways.

Is all I have to say about it..
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

epic_fail.jpg  

When will companies learn that DRM only loses them customers...

That sucks !!! what if my brother wants to play , I dont like that win trophies with my user... $ony does what it wants with its consumers...

This is nothing new really. Go and buy "Gran Turismo Prolog 5" from PSN and that only account that can play it. So have to be log in to play and only with that account.

So did not buy it. Simplez.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News