Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Capcom Set to Release PS1 Classics on PlayStation Network

Sponsored Links
    As you may or may not know, the Capcom support for their classic PS1 titles on the PSN has, well, been quite lackluster.

They only have Street Fighter Alpha on the store. Well, it seems there might be more content coming soon.

When Christian Svensson, strategic planning & business development VP of Capcom was asked whether or not Capcom would be adding more games to the store, he had this to say on [Register or Login to view links]:

"The first PS1 titles for PSN were submitted last week... when I have some dates for them, we'll let you know"

So far, Capcom only has one PS1 game in its classics roster: Street Fighter Alpha - excluding the HD remix of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.

The ESRB has hinted at Street Fighter Alpha 2 & 3 coming to PSN for some time now, but these might not be the titles Svensson is currently referring to. Perhaps we'll see more Resident Evil games on PSN like in Japan.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They should release a SNES-Classic-Pack for the PS3... Now, that would be cool...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by patholi View Post
    They should release a SNES-Classic-Pack for the PS3... Now, that would be cool...
    It would be kind of hard considering that would be a Nintendo based game, and I don't think they would just hand over the rights to Sony that easily. I'm also sure this site has tutorials on how to run SNES and other emulators through your PS3. It would take some time but you'll have your SNES games you want.

On other hands I would actually like to see more HDremix games than PS conversion. SF Alpha's, X-Men and Marvel VS Street fighter, and SF EX plus Alpha would make great HDremix titles. I think that the ResidentEvil series would do well, some fairly priced/basicly really cheap money Megaman titles would be good for PS titles. I also believe that some new 8bit Megaman titles would do quite well, I really enjoyed the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritech View Post
    It would be kind of hard considering that would be a Nintendo based game, and I don't think they would just hand over the rights to Sony that easily. I'm also sure this site has tutorials on how to run SNES and other emulators through your PS3. It would take some time but you'll have your SNES games you want.
    I know, but I neither like Swap Magic nor Linux to emulate a game

That's the reason why I like homebrew, cause you can run native apps on the console... Just think about Ultimate Ghosts'n'Goblins which is a remake of the NES/SNES-game for the PSP...I thought about those remakes, which would be better, instead of another Street-Fighter Alpha-Release...

Imho, it would be cool, when they could release some other NES/SNES-classics instead of PS1-classics...
    Just my 2 cents though^^

My bad I thought you meant SNES in general not Capcom only titles. Shoot if they only cost little money I'd have no problem paying for some classics.

definately be buying res2 if they release that for the psn

capcom have got some gems in their old library, so it'll be interesting to see what they might release

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News