Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Can Sony's PlayStation 3 Console Catch Up to the XBox 360?

Sponsored Links
    Microsoft has recently been boasting that it has an 8 million global lead over the PS3, and that the PS3's sales figures aren't dramatically rising.

However, analyst Michael Pachter believes that if they were to price the PS3 at parity with the XBox 360, then sales of the PS3 would eventually exceed the XBox 360 sales and Sony would catch up.

To quote: I expect it this year, as soon as their cost structure permits a cut. My Monday note said April, and that is nothing more than a guess. It could come later, but it seems to me that it must come some time in 2009.

With that said, I think that PS3 will sell well once competitively priced. The company has an insurmountable advantage in Japan, and an overall brand loyalty in Europe. Should they price at parity with Xbox 360 ($299), I think that PS3 sales would exceed 360 sales, and eventually, they could catch up.

At present, it doesn't look like that is happening any time soon, so Sony should be prepared to remain in third place until well after they cut price.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If PS3 prices drop down to 299$ i'd go out and buy another one!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    as Obama would say " yes, it can" lul

Big Grin It will..

The Xbox 360 has sold more units cause it was released earlier. Plus you have to take in the fact that its much cheaper than the PS3 and for the average gamer/person They would see no Difference between the PS3 and Xbox. (didnt mean to offend anyone).

Now, since the PS3 will lower its price by April (they say), and the Blu-ray movies getting all the advertisement and all, People will eventually start going for the PS3. So yes it will catch up and go further than Xbox.

You also have to remember how many xbox360's had the RROD and these numbers might be included in the total as to why there has been more xbox360 than ps3 as a lot of people just went and got another xbox360 from the retailer as all the RROD ones wouldn't have all been done/fixed by microsoft. Just an observation on my part.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    You also have to remember how many xbox360's had the RROD and these numbers might be included in the total as to why there has been more xbox360 than ps3 as a lot of people just went and got another xbox360 from the retailer as all the RROD ones wouldn't have all been done/fixed by microsoft. Just an observation on my part.
    You know Starlight, i never really thought of it like that. Each RROD is a potential Sale for Microsoft, even though it was just a return and there goes the numbers to go higher.

Sony may make a killing if they lower the price to $299. Still the 360 will be $199 and the Wii, $249.

It surely will

The ps3 will of course because it is more liked than the xbox360. Ps3 also sells more units because of its better graphics and more fascinating games. Microsoft is only ready for operating systems such as Windows.

until they lower manufacturing costs im afraid not... Plus they need to target the North American market which is dominated by microsoft.

Yeap

Quote Originally Posted by Audi10 View Post
    until they lower manufacturing costs im afraid not... Plus they need to target the North American market which is dominated by microsoft.
    Yeap very true, plus they have to make all the content that the Japanese and Chinese have on there PSN accounts to North America.

You can get it now but you have to go thru the process of making new accounts but it would be better if we didnt.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News