Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Requires No PS3 HDD Installation

Today GamesOnSmash.com (linked above) managed to get their hands on Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Sony's PlayStation 3 console and have confirmed that the title does not require any PS3 HDD installation.

However, they do report that upon receiving the game users will be prompted to download a 15MB update for it.

To quote: "Well today I got an early copy of Call Of Duty MW2. I put the disc in, and well the bad news is it requires a 15MB update but does no require any install whatsoever. So gamers can pretty much jump in and play on the PS3 version of the game.

Hmm.. makes me wonder if other developers can follow suit and at least make it optional."

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Requires No PS3 HDD Installation

More PlayStation 3 News...

OH THANK YOU SWEET JESUS! NO INSTALL! nice to see some devs FINALLY working to make a game work on the console instead of lame ports and huge "cache" files.

yeah i guess they are finally getting smarter. I don't understand what the deal about not making the install optional. Well i guess some games really need it but would be nice if it was optional.

I wish it would be optional but that if you install it, then there is less loadings.

Quote Originally Posted by xxLindenxx View Post
    I wish it would be optional but that if you install it, then there is less loadings.
    YEAPPP! Right you are my friend.. and should be available in all games for those who are impatient.

It should be available optionally to install whenever you want, lets say most of us get a game and we want to jump in and play right away. When we sit down and start the game the installation plus downloading patches can take up to 40 - 50 minutes which is a total turn down.

I have a friend that was trying to play bioshock and said, I waited 45 minutes to install the game with a 6mb connection, it really blows, I finished installing and turned my ps3 off. Most people dont have 4 hours to play a game so 40 minutes is way to much. If installations are necesary developer should make them optional and whenever we feel we have time to spare install the game properly lets say a week later or a couple of days later.

Another thing thats really out of hand is the size of installations, they go up to 5 GB and most people have the 40gb ps3 so go figure. Installations are big and the bottom line is they will cost you down the road either upgrading hard drives or deleting your content that took you a lot of time to install. Sucks doesnt it?

The Game can not be played unless you update to FW 3.01 but if you haven't upgraded yet, then wait for the upgrade that follows the COD MW2 disc cause that one is safe to use. I upgraded yesterday without any problems.

PS: The game has been leaked in Norway now and I'm one of the lucky bastards who got it before they pulled it from the stores.

MW2 No Install

I received my copy of MW2 on pre order yesterday and during gameplay I have noticed more than on any other game I play that the bluray drive is constantly reading... So although the game may not take any hard drive space this may come at the cost of battering the bluray drive!!!!

Even though it would take time to install, wouldn't the game run better from HDD?

Quote Originally Posted by darksyde View Post
    Even though it would take time to install, wouldn't the game run better from HDD?
    If by better you mean will it load faster than yes it will, the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3 is 2x which in terms of megabytes a second it is about 9MB/s.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast