Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Patch Update v1.02 is Live

Sponsored Links
    Update #2: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Patch Update v1.04 is live, but a changelog is not currently available for it yet.

Update: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Patch Update v1.03 is now available which also fixes the PS3 Party System issues.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Sony's PS3 console has reportedly experienced online issues since release with both players being unable to invite friends to matches and unable to unlock PlayStation 3 trophies.

As a result, Infinity Ward's servers are now back online as Robert Bowling (aka [Register or Login to view links]) has now released a PS3 patch update v1.02 to remedy the PS3 Trophies issues, and apparently party invites will be patched this coming Friday.

To quote: "When you start up MW2, you will be prompted to download version 1.02.

Infinity Ward is definitely trying to keep the user satisfaction level high by releasing a patch just a day after MW2 hit shelves. With this 15MB update, everyone will be able to get their trophies now without any issues.

What about the party invite frustrations, you ask? Well, on Friday a fix for the party system will be released."

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 Patch Update v1.02 is Live

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Question to those who have it!

Does the game require you to update the fw? i'm currently using 2.76

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I'll pass on answering that myself, but I did find this scan circulating today that may interest those who are playing the game.

It shows all the ranks and prestige, how much XP it takes to get to a certain level and pictures of how the badges will look.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

scan0018.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by everglow21 View Post
    Question to those who have it!

Does the game require you to update the fw? i'm currently using 2.76
    Hi everglow21 the answer is yes, you will have to update your firmware to play MW2 on the ps3.

Hope this helps

For anyone having problems connecting to friends in MW2 before the patch on Friday I came a across an untested solution for joining friends parties...

To fix the problem simply:

Send your friend an invite
    Tell them not to accept it, but instead to press the PS button and go to account management, then hit triangle. This bring up an option to log out. Do it.
    Get them to log back in again
    Tell them to accept the invite
    Hey presto you’re in the same party!

Original source from bangbangtech.

I will be testing this tonight and will confirm or deny this.

Hopefully this works
    Last edited by Paxo; 11-11-2009 at 10:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks paxo, but are you having any problems with the new fw?

i've been thru so many forums and many people's consoles are screwed -.-
    I think i'd hold on til 3.02 comes out.

Here is a better fix for the game invite problem. Delete the person you are inviting from your friends list, then re-add them and send them an invite. This has worked for me and my friends 100%. You don't have to keep doing this each time you want them in your party either, just once.

Hi everglow21,
    I have had no such problem with the new firmware, obviously I cannot speak for everyone else. There were over 300,000 people logged in and playing MW2 last night all of these players had to be running the latest firmware to play.

Hi 51N15T3R,
    Thanks for the other method of joining on MW2 I will try this tonight and post back with the results.

OK, so this afternoon I couldn't log onto the MW2 servers. Tried it just recently and it then updated with the new patch. Great - A fix for the logging on problem?? No its not!!

Still can't log on at all.

Fetching playlist... Updating Rank and Unlocks... Connecting to Matchmaking Server Complete.

Stays there. Anyone any ideas? Is it just me?

Unhappy

GB14929 you might have an answer to your question and bring you up to date on what is going on as it happens here >> [Register or Login to view links]

But yeah it's not working for me and many others.

AC130 FTW!!!!
    p.s. Throwing knives are also epic win

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News