Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Call of Duty 5 not to be set in WWII?

Sponsored Links
    The next Call of Duty game may not delve back into familiar WWII territory after all, as Activision CEO Mike Griffith reveals that the fifth game will take the series to a "new military theatre".

Despite rumours and strong reactions that the series would be returning to the over-used WWII era, Griffith revealed: "We'll bring the intensity of the recent Call of Duty: Modern Warfare title to a new military theatre to engage our significantly larger user base which nearly doubled last year as new users came into the franchise," according to Gamespot.

Another modern setting would get our vote (we're bored of those crappy 1940s guns and sluggish propeller-powered planes).

Griffith also revealed that the next James Bond game, in development as Treyarch, will use the CoD 4 engine, which is good news. The first good 007 game since GoldenEye? Maybe, just maybe...

Call of Duty 5 not to be set in WWII?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i think it would bve pretty cool to maybe deviate a little bit and go into a more modern time period, as the possibilities of such a great game are endless!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank God! There's nothing I hate more than a great game stuck in a crappy time period. I'm loving new features like the red dot site and such in MW. I'm hoping they build off of Cod4.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I dont know why you're so enthsiatic... do you know BLACK? it takes place in the early 90's so dont tell me you're bored of old stuff...

they should make a ww2 again, we already have a modern game and if they're using the same engine there wont be big difference.

I read an interview months ago stating that it would be set in the Pacific during WWII and the opposing force would be Japan.

Of course, I was really annoyed, considering the saturation of WWII games.

Ouch.. I would really like another Call of Duty World War II game. I play Day of Defeat and I'm quite a big fan.

Call of Duty the Old episodes were better then Modern Warfare... so keep the oldies coming !!

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News