According to Robert Bowling, Infinity Ward's director of communications, the team has an Xbox Live and PlayStation Network promotion in the pipeline for the weekend of September 13th. Exact details of the promotion haven't yet been revealed, but Bowling stated that double-experience points will be on offer for those itching to raise their in-game rank quickly.

More interesting, however, is the fact that Infinity Ward's developers are pushing hard to complete their new playlist updates in time for the promotion - making it all one-big promotion, says Bowling.

Should the team manage to get it done, and certified by both Microsoft and Sony, we could see some of the following playlists next weekend. Be aware, though, that Bowling has stated that the following list is far from final, and there's currently no telling what we'll receive.

To quote: Back from PAX means back to work, and while itís a short week thanks to Labor Day itís the one time I wish it wasnít because I have a lot of stuff to get done. Iím currently working on getting everything organized and together for an upcoming Xbox Live / PSN promotion we have coming up the weekend of Sept. 13th - 14th.

Which isnít this weekend, but next weekend. I will have exact details on what it is in the near future but I have a gut feeling itíll have Double XP attached to it for all those hungry for some power-leveling on Call of Duty 4.

Currently working on designing some Xbox Live banners to promote it on the marketplace and attempting to get everything together for it on our end. This promotion is technically unrelated to the new Playlists, but I wonít lie that my hope is to finish them up in time so that we can make it all one big promotion.

How epic would that be? Our awesome QA team and producers are helping me push hard to make it happen by the weekend of the big promotion, no promises, but as always Iíll keep you updated on the progress. More PlayStation 3 News...