Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Is there anything the PS4 will support?
    Eh. Not supporting PS3 games really disappointed me, but not supporting CDs isn't surprising. I absolutely hate disks, they're seriously being phased out. I've thrown away about all my burned DVDs and CDs as I just use flash drives and portable hard drives now; muchhhhh more convenient.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Graphics look Great, Sound is Awesome. So what if you can't use it to steal music or play your PS1 game off old style discs... Thieves suck and I'm sure the PS1 games will be there one way or another. Old discs can't hold the amount of memory you need for this type of media anyway. Atleast they aren't sticking us with cartridges. Looks like a great platform. I do hope it won't be as lame as the Iphone5 as far as nothing new... It is lame that it will be very spendy in the beginning.

My biggest worry is The Programs for these Consoles take up soooooo much memory that download limits with ISPs as well as charges can choke users in many areas I.E. if you go over 10gigs download they rape your wallet in penalties. Overall I think Graphics are a big draw and if it makes my games look that much better and faster then thats what I want...

Wicked Graphics, Speed of processor and no VISTA BS running a ton of useless crap I don't need. I want to be drawn into the games as far as I can. I have a list of a million things I would like it to do but To the point, Ease of Use, and Amazing fast paced Graphics as well as interaction with others.

EverQuest raids with 100 people, you could barely make heads or tails of what was going on. Game machines like this are actually really cheap if you think of it compared to building a wicked PC for gaming. I do wish they would make it very durable so you can drag it everywhere without worry.

As far as game prices go, Craigslist is a great place to trade game discs or you can wait a few months and every game prices drops pretty fast.

Anyway, you all know better than I so post some useful info as it comes so I don't run out and waste my money if I am wrong.

NB

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tilla View Post
    You know the prices aren't announced right?
    Correct, they aren't officially announced yet. For what it's worth though, my local GameStop is taking pre-pre-orders (they put you on a list, then call when the real pre-orders begin and you come in with a $50 deposit which goes towards the cost of the PS4) and I was told there will be two models, one for $429 and one for $529 so perhaps this is where the rumors are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Is there anything the PS4 will support?
    Everything anti piracy and commercials while playing games.

i'll buy either a ps4 or xbox 720 on release night. i'm hoping xbox offers more as id like to buy an xbox finally. well see in 8 months i guess

I'm not worried about lack of backward compatibility since I'm keeping my PS3, just like I still have my old PS2 console. I can't wait to buy a PS4, guess I'll be playing Disgaea Dimension 2 and Bioshock Infinite until then!

I seriously doubt that the PS4 lacking support for CD/SACD is going to be a deal-breaker for people... Personally I find even backwards compatibility to be a bonus on consoles and not a necessity.

Why burden them with the hardware and software side of older consoles which could potentially only drive up the price? (Launch PS3's had BC hardware and I'm sure that it affected the high launch price for the console in some way).

That is not to say that BC wouldn't be nice to have, but wouldn't you rather have a console that plays the games it's supposed to rather than one that tries to?

-Just my 2 cents.

This is shaping up to be the first generation of consoles I have absolutely no interest in purchasing, and I have owned almost every console since Coleco Vision. I would have enough money to put my son through college if I saved all the money I spent on console gaming.

They are going to nickel and dime you for the same content over and over again, and you'll still have to watch adds an product placements. They should just rent these boxes out since you don't really own them in the first place just like the cable company does and be done with it. It would cost them absolutely nothing to enable CD & SACD support. We'll probably have to leave it up to the hackers again.

Back to the Dragonborn addon for me on my PC. The only platform left that isn't out to constantly screw you. Thanks Steam - here's hoping Valve releases a Steam box for my living room.
    Last edited by jarvis; 02-23-2013 at 11:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by elser1 View Post
    i'll buy either a ps4 or xbox 720 on release night. i'm hoping xbox offers more as id like to buy an xbox finally. well see in 8 months i guess
    The last console I brought on release night as the PSP GO and Sony totally screwed me with that so now I refuse to get anything in the first month at least. I waited about 2 months before I got the WiiU and I wanted to return it in the first week as I'm not impressed at all with it. It crashed/locked up 5 times in the first week. We play it less than the PS3 so it only locks up about once a week now. Still if I could get my money back I would. Anyone want a WiiU and 4 games?

That said, I wont get another Sony product in the first month at least. I'll wait till the slim version is released and get the first version as they will be cheaper by then and probably have a few holes for exploits. With the Xbox, maybe I'll get that at launch. Depends on how good it is and if it IS BC with 360.

If you want graphics then what are you doing with consoles? You will never get better than a PC. These days even laptops are better than consoles for graphics.

Stan, which Wii U games?

Anyway, It's a mistake to rush into consoles, specially after all those YLOD and RLOD before. Also, If you want to buy something from Sony, It's always better to wait for the inevitable Slim version. I actually plan on giving It a year or two before buying It.

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News