Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very good, it is worth it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm looking forward to see the price of PS4....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I understand what you're saying, but I think rumblpak is right about it being 64-bit. x86 is the architecture which most PCs have been using since the early days. It used to be 8086, 80186, 80286, 80386, 80486, etc, which is where x86 comes from. Eventually Intel changed to brand naming, but the processors are still based on the original 8086 (even the latest i7s).

x64 does typically refer to x86-64, which is a 64-bit extension of the x86 platform (one of many extensions). Sony could just as well have said that, however it's basically a given that it will be x86-64. We already know that the CPU and GPU will be on the same die from yesterday's presentation. The PS4 is rumoured (or is it official?) to be using AMD's GPU. That means we'll see a hybrid AMD CPU+GPU chip and if we look at today's offerings from AMD, you'll see they only manufacture x86-64 products. It wouldn't make sense for them to leave out the 64-bit instruction set.

One final thought. Intel does make a 64-bit only processor called Itanium. This processor requires specialized software to run on it as it is not compatible with x86 instructions, whereas x86-64 processors will happily run x86 32-bit code.

Quote Originally Posted by sagoku View Post
    Preview of the case ??
    Its pretty obvious that they will reveal the actual hardware during E3.

You should read more/research a little bit first

1. yes PS4 will be using "64 bit" processor. its x86_64, 32 bit processor with 64 bit extension like AMD and Intel offering right now
    2. no comment on GPU, since isn't revealed yet, but from its "1.84 TFlops" many assume its Radeon 78XX (not "last gen" GPU)
    3. HDD 120GB really ? in my country smallest 2.5" HDD is 320GB
    4. PS3 life won't end when PS4 launch, so 10 year lifecycle still a possibility
    5. its 8GB GDDR5 RAM, do you understand what this mean? if no, then search
    6. your "5 years old PC" isn't optimized for gaming. every PC game isn't optimized for single platform.

how much $$ is your "5 years old PC"? specs?

i do agree about "PS3 never delivered the hype", but as far as hardware concern, i'm quite impressed with PS4 (with the price constrains < $600) your "latest PC" will need approx $2000 (GPU Titan $1000, i7 Ivy Bridge $300-$500, 8GB RAM GDDR5 still not available in PC RAM, HDD, Motherboard, PSU, controller, Windows OS) comparing console with PC is stupid if you really love PC so much, then buy your "latest PC"

FYI, AMD Jaguar IS "latest CPU" from AMD (it's low power CPU) and (rumor to be used in PS4) Radeon 78XX is "latest GPU" offering from AMD (aside their rebranding into Radeon 8xxx)

I think the one reason they didn't show the actual console was because they are still designing it for cooling issues because with all that power heating will be a huge issue so i think they will nail a design by e3 thats why i'm gonna wait before i buy one so i know the failure rate isn't so high.

Sony Confirms PlayStation 4 / PS4 Won't Block Second-hand Used Games

Following up on yesterday's PlayStation 4 / PS4 announcement and PlayStation 4 / PS4 trailer videos, today Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida confirmed that PlayStation 4 / PS4 won't block the use of second-hand (used) games.

To quote from Eurogamer (linked above): "Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told Eurogamer that PlayStation 4 will not block the use of second-hand games, contrary to various reports, speculation and even a Sony patent unearthed last month.

I sat down with Yoshida a few hours after the PS4 reveal tonight and one of the first things I asked was whether used games would be blocked.

"Do you want us to do that?" he asked.

No, I said. I think, if you buy something on a disc, that you have a kind of moral contract with the person you've bought it from that you retain some of that value and you can pass it on.

Do you agree, I asked?

"Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers," said Yoshida. "They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation."

So if someone buys a PlayStation 4 game, I asked, you're not going to stop them reselling it?

"Aaaah," was Yoshida's initial answer, but seemingly only because he'd forgotten his line. "So what was our official answer to our internal question?" he asked his Japanese PR advisor. The advisor stepped in but didn't seem to answer clearly, at least to my ears. Yoshida then took control again firmly:

"So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?"

I said I thought that was fine.

Interestingly, I also spoke to a Sony source elsewhere at the event this evening who told me that the anti used-game patent discovered last month was actually nothing to do with PlayStation 4 at all.

The patent suggested that discs would come branded with a contactless tag that could be recognised and read by your console, which would then bind it to you and prevent you from selling it on.

But whatever reason Sony did have for patenting it, it sounds like it wasn't for its next-generation console. Hopefully Microsoft will also avoid this ludicrous technology with its next-generation Xbox as well."

Sony Confirms PlayStation 4 / PS4 Won't Block Second-hand Used Games

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sony CEO Jack Tretton Confirms PS4 / PlayStation 4 Game Pricing

In a recent interview with CNBC (linked above), Sony CEO Jack Tretton has confirmed PS4 / PlayStation 4 video game pricing as ranging from $0.99 to $60 with demos available as well.

Below are the details, to quote: "On pricing, Tretton said that the PS4 is "designed with the game developer in mind and the consumer in mind," and will offer games with prices ranging from $0.99 to the more traditional $60 range with the ability for players to sample games before they buy.

"I think people are willing to pay if they see the value there," he said. "The heat for the true gamer is on the console."

He said that games on mobile devices are "additive experiences" and that gamers won't "migrate down the food chain" for their primary gaming experience."

In related PlayStation 4 news today, [Register or Login to view links] reports that PS4 supports PS Move, but not the DualShock 3 controller.

To quote: Today during a roundtable discussion with the president of Sony’s Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida, news about the role of PlayStation 3’s two controllers – DualShock 3 and PlayStation Move – were revealed in terms of their functionality with PlayStation 4.

In short: DualShock 3 won’t work with PlayStation 4, but PlayStation Move will. “No, [PS4] doesn’t support DualShock 3,” noted Yoshida, “but it does support PS Move.”

Update: [Register or Login to view links] has also discovered (pictured below) within the Ubisoft Web site source code that the special editions for the next-generation versions of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag will fall in line with the pricing of the current-generation versions, 119.99, with the PC version getting the mandatory 10 reduction as is standard with PC titles.

More PlayStation 3 News...

strange how eb australia has pre orders for ps4 games at $120 then

total rip off bs., unbelievable eh!!

NOPE, I think PS4 is not using HDD anymore, back to basic like PS1 and PS2.

because I read inside specification PS4, it wrote HARD DISK DRIVE: BUILT IN... here is the pdf PS4 specification

[Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

playstation4_specification.pdf  

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News