Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Bluetooth 3.0 Specifications & What it Could Mean for Sony's PS3

Sponsored Links
    The Bluetooth Special Interest group have [Register or Login to view links] that on April 21st they'll officially unveil the details regarding their updated Bluetooth profile 3.0.

Within 3.0, the new update will allow for less disconnects and faster transfer speeds.

To quote: On April 21st, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group will officially unveil its Bluetooth 3.0 technology to the world. Unsurprisingly, Bluetooth 3.0 is promised to be much faster than the current 2.0/2.1 standard, according to the SIG:

"Transferring an entire music library, a complete DVD, a vacation's worth of photos, all within seconds at the touch of a button and wirelessly will now be possible."

Three-point-oh will also feature new Enhanced Power Control (or EPC), which will "reduces the incidence of disconnects caused by movement such as placing a phone in a pocket or purse."

On the technical side, it is a Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP) that will enable Bluetooth profiles to take advantage of 802.11 speeds. The 802.11 Protocol Adaption Layer (PAL) will enable the Generic AMP feature to be used with an 802.11 radio.

What will this mean for Sony's PlayStation 3? If Sony updates the PS3 Bluetooth profile, perhaps your headsets will have better connection, and perhaps Sony will allow transfer of digital content between the PS3 and other Bluetooth devices.

As of this writing, Sony have not commented about updating the PS3 BT profile.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Big Grin YES!!!!

Sponsored Links
    My bluetooth kept disconnecting while playing!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've never had any dropouts with my controllers, or my headset.

This'll be requiring new hardware... and will likely be more expensive than existing Bluetooth chips. It's not just a new software profile that works on current Bluetooth devices. Think of it like Wi-Fi.. 802.11n needed new hardware too.

So I wouldn't bank on Sony adding it to PS3. It would change the specification of the machine, and at a time when they're looking to *save* money - not spend it, it doesn't seem likely that they'd adopt it IMO.

Cool controller disconnects while playing

i suggest that you try to resync your controller with the ps3 to obtain new hex codes, or another approach if this does not work properly, is to open up the controller, dissconnect the battery for about 30 secs, rebooting the controllers firmware, reseting its bluetooth profiles, another way to try this method, would be to place it on for a while until the battery dies, leave it for a while, then try to sync it through hid again, you should try using it with your computer with the lib-usb drivers first to find out if it works or not.

good luck

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News