Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Blu-ray Outsells HD-DVD For Second Month Running

Sponsored Links
    Source: ign.com

"Sells 2:1 against HD-DVD in February.

March 13, 2007 - Trade magazine Video Business reported today that Blu-ray outsold HD-DVD in February for the second month running. According to the magazine's figures, roughly 250,000 Blu-ray movie titles were sold in February compared to only 125,000 HD-DVDs. In January movie sales for each format were roughly the same.

Debate over what factors are contributing to Blu-ray's recent dominance has generally focused on the impact of the PlayStation 3. Somewhat less than 2-million PS3s have been sold since launch, which effectively means a roughly similar number of HD-DVD and Blu-ray players are presently in circulation.

Some within the movie industry questioned whether PS3 gamers would choose to use their consoles extensively for movie playback in addition to gaming. Current sales figures would suggest that a fair number are, which hardly surprises us since hardcore gamers tend to also be big fans of new technology and movies.

With a second month of leading sales in the bag the Blu-ray camp is gaining confidence. There won't be an end to the format war any time soon, but if a few more months of Blu-ray outselling HD-DVD 2:1 stack up the industry will of course take notice."

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1 major reason for me getting a PS3 was for Blu Ray. I invested in a HD TV about a year ago but had a hard time getting a blu ray player when I was waiting on the PS3. So far I have no complaints. My netflix que is full of Blu Ray now and I will never go back to DVD.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News