Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

You can convert vc1. I have found a tutorial that you will just need to slightly change so that the final output isnt in .wmv but in mpegts or whatevr format you want. You cannot post direct links. Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by orighammer View Post
    You can convert vc1. I have found a tutorial that you will just need to slightly change so that the final output isnt in .wmv but in mpegts or whatevr format you want. You cannot post direct links. Google is your friend.
    Anyway, I have another question now... Why do we have to split the file into files under 4GB? I know the PS3 can read UDF formatted discs, can it read files over 4GB? Or is this just so people w/out Blu-ray burners can get the files on the ps3?

Quote Originally Posted by Electrox3d View Post
    Anyway, I have another question now... Why do we have to split the file into files under 4GB? I know the PS3 can read UDF formatted discs, can it read files over 4GB? Or is this just so people w/out Blu-ray burners can get the files on the ps3?
    the ps3 XMB only recognizes fat32 partitions, fat32 file limitations are 4GB...also, mpeg2 files are limited to slightly bigger (don't know the exact size limit).

Haven't heard of anyone converting (reliably) .mpeg2 into avc which could be really small and still maintain the quality

It's also really hard to convert the h.264 bluray to a format that the XMB plays (and maintain it's quality)

The bluray .mpeg2 streams are the easist to do..
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    This is what I noticed for Talladega Nights:
    Blu-Ray Bit Rates -
    Video - 15 MBs - 28 MBs VARIABLE

MPEG Bit Rates -
    Video - 15 MBs - 28 MBs VARIABLE
    I think it's because you are playing the .mpeg2 stream that is "wrapped" in the bluray .m2ts container, I am assuming .m2ts stands for mpeg2 transport stream, all we are doing to get it to play as a file is changing the container not the actual stream...it SHOULD be indistinguishable from the bluray stream (and to my eyes it is)

the sequence i have been using:
    decrypt main movie stream .m2ts
    remux to get just 5.1 english audio stream/video w/ elecard
    filesplit
    then I use VLC to just convert ts to ps

anyone put AVP back together? seamless branching, tuff to reassemble

it is a bit of a bummer we are only limited to the mpeg2 releases...

once bluray blanks drop in price in a couple of years, this will all be moot

but how to keep all this data backed up?!

Quote Originally Posted by dJ AmZz View Post
    wow, so instead of paying alot of cash for blu-ray movies, i can just rent them, dump them, watch them. thanks!

is the movie still blu-ray quality?
    The movie is still blu-ray quality. Its not re-encoding anything, but I do think that there is no surround sound cause when i play the .mpg it gives me the audio option of "left" "right" or "left+right"...

So, has anyone used this in conjunction with their xbox360 media center? I burned the file to blu-ray to bring to the ps3... then thought I should turn on the xbox and see if it could stream it from my vista pc.... it worked.... beautifully... So i was watching blu-ray movies through my xbox and ps3... it was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dJ AmZz View Post
    wow, so instead of paying alot of cash for blu-ray movies, i can just rent them, dump them, watch them. thanks!

is the movie still blu-ray quality?
    oh one more thing... i calculated out that if you bought hardware like a hard drive to hold all the blu-ray movies you'll be ripping, and the time it takes to do so, with renting costs, it still costs you about $17 / movie, so you make the determination if you want to go the shady route of renting/dumping movies because it almost costs the same.
    Last edited by Electrox3d; 03-16-2007 at 08:16 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Electrox3d View Post
    it still costs you about $17 / movie, so you make the determination if you want to go the shady route of renting/dumping movies because it almost costs the same.
    too true right now a novelty that it can be done (with crappy sound), until blanks go down, better to buy the disc

Thanks everyone for answering questions so that I'm not left to do it by myself (like in the linux section... cough.. cough.. lol) But yea... neat to know about the shaddy cost of production.

Just on a side note, if the PS3 does get homebrew... and we get more access to the system, and the "stuff that makes it run", my bet is we can copy their VC1 codec and add it to the XMB realtively easily.

Hello all

i'm french and i bought the ps3 in June 2007...

I have many Bluray rip .m2ts on my pc (thanks to NG and poster).

I read them after muxing video file and audio file i'm intersted with Tsremux0018 and download on Hdd ps3 xmb with redkawa file server.

It works perfectly.

But now i've one m2ts with Avc video and DTS audio ....
    Ps3 can't read DTS...

I tried to quicktime pro, nero vision, yamb to recode Dts to ac3 and it doesn''t work on ps3....

A tools all in one exist for convert m2ts to mp4 for ps3 whitout réencoding video ? only réencode audio?

Thanks

tof

so... after all this time, there's still no noob-friendly way to extract and play BD-Rs on your HDD?

Lightbulb

On the Site News a few days back hacked2123 mentioned he'd be back in action after the holidays... so perhaps he will have an update when he returns.

yea I haven't heard from him in a while. Hopefully he had some time to mess around with some experiments.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567