Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

BBC iPlayer 3 is Coming to Sony's PlayStation 3 Console This Year

Sponsored Links
    The BBC iPlayer has been available on Sony's PlayStation 3 console for quite some time, however, according to the BBC's Simon Cross the BBC iPlayer 3 will be coming to the PS3 entertainment system this year.

According to [Register or Login to view links], a new version of the catch-up TV service known as the iPlayer 3 will arrive as soon as technical issues with the sign-in process are resolved.

To quote: "Cross also noted that new functionality would be appearing on the application, including a For You section which would consist of shows you may be interested in.

There will also be more social network functionality, although it was unclear whether the Facebook and Twitter integration would make the move to the PS3.

The biggest problem the BBC is trying to overcome is signing into the app and how the BBC is going to implement this.

"We don't know whether to integrate it with the PSN signing in process or do something new," Cross explained."

BBC iPlayer 3 is Coming to Sony's PlayStation 3 Console This Year

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    humm i updated and got the iplayer but do i realy need it? compared to the otheros option which has now gone, i never got the chance to play with it, i foolishly updated.
    Last edited by bill4676; 06-25-2010 at 09:22 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    "Cross also noted that new functionality would be appearing on the application, including a For You section which would consist of shows you may be interested in.
    In another words - here is even MORE (and targeted) adverts for you
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    "We don't know whether to integrate it with the PSN signing in process or do something new,"
    I'd prefer non-PSN signing as there is chance for it to work on pre 3.21 fw ...

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News