Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Bayonetta PS3 HDD Patch Arrives, Remedies Loading Times

Sponsored Links
    Today Sega has released a Bayonetta PS3 HDD patch, which remedies the video game's loading times. Surprisingly, the patch was actually made by Sony and not Sega.

The new patch will enable players to install the game directly onto the PS3's hard drive, reducing the game's load times as expected.

To quote from JustPushStart.com (linked above): "By downloading the 135MB patch you will have an ability to install the game's data on the hard drive.

Make sure you have at least 4.5GB of space in the hard drive and it should take around five minutes to install.

Once completed one of the things you will notice are:

- Instead of 2-4 second load times when you picked up an item, it doesn't say LOADING anymore. It picks up the notes that you get right away.
    - Screen tearing issue is slightly reduced"

Bayonetta PS3 HDD Patch Arrives, Remedies Loading Times

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Makes sense, this was hurting sony not sega; when you think about it, sega made a great game and was running superb on the xbox so the only one to blame by the average joe was sony for having a poor machine. Now with this patch we can have a great game working as it should on our beloved ps3s.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wouldn't say Sony has a poor machine it was rather poor coding that made Bayonetta a loading mess, by bringing in coders that really know the PS3 (from Sony itself) the patch resolves some of these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by otarumx View Post
    I wouldn't say Sony has a poor machine it was rather poor coding that made Bayonetta a loading mess, by bringing in coders that really know the PS3 (from Sony itself) the patch resolves some of these problems.
    I didn't say the machine was poor, but average joe thats not as informed as you and me would think that about the ps3. You think the 11 year old kid knows the difference in coding? Not really, granted the game is not for kids but it ends up on kids hands and so many non-electronic savvy average person will react the same as the 11 year old kid that will see the 360 counter part and say fsk sony. Sega's mess fixed by Sonys crew because of the bad publicity round it was making.

Just applied the patch and I can confirm that the loading times are now much better to nonexistent (in some cases).

It also seems to have glitched my savegame, because I can now create and use concoctions in HARD mode. This wasn't possible before.

Thumbs Down

The PS3 version is still chock full of problems to the point that it's insulting that they released this butchered port.

I've played it, it runs at what looks like 15-25fps instead of 60fps constantly and the tearing is beyond tolerable. The graphics are what appear to be 1024x576 internally stretched to 1280x720 which is then stretched again to 1920x1080, so there is no surprise that the textures look horrible. Sega and Platinum Games should be ashamed of themselves.The 360 version seems to average 52fps, is 720p and like the PS3 version lacks vsync.

I didn't buy it and I highly discourage all of you from buying it, don't support a beyond butchered port. Such garbage work should not be tolerated.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 01-28-2010 at 07:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    The PS3 version is still chock full of problems to the point that it's insulting that they released this butchered port.

I've played it, it runs at what looks like 15-25fps instead of 60fps constantly and the tearing is beyond tolerable. The graphics are what appear to be 1024x576 internally stretched to 1280x720 which is then stretched again to 1920x1080, so there is no surprise that the textures look horrible. Sega and Platinum Games should be ashamed of themselves.The 360 version seems to average 52fps, is 720p and like the PS3 version lacks vsync.

I didn't buy it and I highly discourage all of you from buying it, don't support a beyond butchered port. Such garbage work should not be tolerated.
    EXACTLY what he said. Seems like there's still few developpers having difficulties porting their games from a platform to the PS3. Although this has always been a problem since the launch of the XBOX1, they have adapted (obviously) with time and gained experience. We just need to wait a little more, or the gaming industry should offer some intense PS3 coding courses :/

Dang, they release patch too early. Was hoping the price of the game would drop like stone and take advantage of it. Bayonetta and Ghostbusters both are in need to of graphical patch, even though Ghostbusters have patched before, but still under par.

Makes sense, this was hurting Sony not Sega; when you think about it, Sega made a great game
    No they didn't the game was made by platinum games on the xbox360, Sega only did the ps3 version. they really screwed the game for most ps3 fans I'm not a graphics freak but loading times and slower motions and other glitches and errors just make it a bad game.

Source: [Register or Login to view links]

i have no idea how someone would blame this on sony or the PS3 machine, every other game on the ps3 was made under the same conditions and they were good but this was just a bad copy by Sega, that's just my opinion ofcourse.

i might pick this game up since they made that patch hopefully they fix the graphics up, won't buy it i'll just get it off goozex.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News