Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition is Out Now on PS3

Sponsored Links
    Today DICE Jr. Product Manager Tommy Rydling has officially announced that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition is out for Sony's PS3 entertainment system.

To quote: You get a ton of stuff in [Register or Login to view links], with Onslaught Mode, Limited Edition Unlocks and the full version of Battlefield 1943 - DICE's PSN WWII shooter from the summer of 2009, now making its first appearance in retail stores.

As you may or may not remember, when Battlefield 1943 first launched, DICE ran the Coral Sea Challenge. As soon as the gamers on PS3 reached 43 million kills collectively, a fourth map would unlock.

For a latecomer to the party, it's still a blast to soar through the skies on the Coral Sea bonus map, even though I missed out on contributing in the challenge.

Back to the beautiful Pacific in Battlefield 1943.

Back then, it took the PS3 gamers only eight days to reach the 43 million kill limit! Which got me wondering: What has happened since then in the Battlefield universe, numbers-wise? So I dove into the official PS3 stats for Bad Company 2 (released only six months ago) and came back with the following impressive figures:

Total body count: 2,551,119,430
    Total time played (hours): 61,391,471 (that's 7,000 years!)
    Total dog tags taken: 76,712,440
    Number of deaths by defibrillator: 828,069

Turns out a medic can use his tools for more offensive duties than reviving his comrades! Of course, by the time you read this, these numbers will have increased even further. So make sure to stop by and check out the global stats, as well as your individual, detailed battle records.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition is out now for $59.95. If you want to get the skinny on everything happening in the Battlefield community, stay tuned on Twitter [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links].

Oh, and as always, remember to keep your squad tight.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thats a sign that no new DLC comes out for BFBC2.

Would buy if I don't have BC2 and BF1943 yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have played both battlefields and actually worked on one of them and know that this is a very good game. if they decide not to release any DLC their sure must have something installed for us.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News