Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Battlefield 1943 is Coming to PS3 via PlayStation Network

Sponsored Links
    Today Battlefield 1943 Producer Gordon Van Dyke announced news that Battlefield 1943 is coming to PS3 via PlayStation Network.

To quote: The online multiplayer, first-person-shooter title, Battlefield 1943 for the PSN will take you back to the WWII Pacific Theater in a way never before seen, this June on the PLAYSTATION 3 for only $15!

You'll enjoy three amazing locations with Iwo Jima, Wake Island, and Guadalcanal letting you pilot and drive a variety of airplanes, tanks, and transport vehicles to help you win the battle.

Today is a really exciting day, first it's [Register or Login to view links] here in Sweden celebrating the start of summer's approach with bonfires, yes I said bonfires, and this is done all over the country.

It is quite the sight to see from atop the DICE studio. Another really exciting thing for me today is the release of the Battlefield 1943 trailer for the first time on PSN (later today) and seeing it in full glory on my PS3.

Now before you watch the video, imagine with me flying your Corsair airplane over the tropical Wake Island engaged in a dogfight with a Japanese Zero, you take him down and notice your squad mate's tank about to be flanked by the enemy in another tank.

You quickly bank to the left, swoop down, and drop two bombs perfectly on the enemy, saving your friend and helping him capture a critical control point.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wooo!!!!, Can't wait for this to come out.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    me 2 me 2!, was waiting for pc version but after playing PS3 BF bad co. over and over and over which made battlefield 2 on pc look dated (which was my favourite once), wee wee my pants in ecxitement!

Mantagtj001 <-- (PSN id) join me for a match....

With Bad Company they came very close to the "perfect" multiplayer experience. But the game feels like they stopped five percent short of what it could have been.

For example, there's no way of booting out Team Killers (which would have taken all of what 5 minutes of coding?). There's no way to mute people in voice chat and the whole concept of some people having better weapons b/c they bought the gold version was ridiculous.

That being said Bad Company is pretty wicked and I enjoy it more than any other game atm. So I hope they nail the multiplayer experience on this new game.

i have not liked any of the previous battlefield games on consoles.

my brother had a xbox360 awhile back with battlefield2..... being a big fan of battlefield2 on PC for many years the console version was a massive letdown.

the major thing i like about battlefield on pc is flying planes getting into dog fights and bombing stuff. the console version had no planes at all, and the choppers handle like crap.

i did not play bad company, only the demo.. however i didn't notice any choppers/planes in that game either... and it didn't feel like battlefield to me.

i am looking forward to trying out this 1943, i wonder if subs are going to be included..... i miss the subs from 1942, oh what fun days... better planes in that game too i must say *torpedo away!!!*

well i guess battlefield isn't all about flying planes/choppers.... but its the 1 thing that i really love about the game, and what makes me keep going back to BF2 on the pc.

i hope they make this version more like the pc versions, but i doubt it will come close.

I have to agree. For battlefield, I'll have to stick with the origins and go for the PC version. Killzone 2 is awesome even though its on console but i don't really feel the same with BF - its too fast in the gameplay.

cant wait looks like its gonna be great!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News