Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Results 1 to 10 of 10



  1. #1
    Contributor ProSkillz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102
    Sponsored Links

    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta Details, PS3 Pre-order Bonus

    Sponsored Links
    Today Ubisoft has announced the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta is set to launch exclusively on PlayStation 3 on September 13, 2010 alongside PS3 pre-order details.

    The Brotherhood Beta will also feature new multiplayer content, and Ubisoft plans to use it as a stress test for the upcoming game.

    To quote from IGN (linked above): "You may be wondering how exactly to snag one of these spots in the new beta. Well there's the cath. Entry in the beta is open to everyone who preordered the game through GameStop.

    Beta keys will be released starting August 9, meaning that all those who preorder on or after the 9th will receive a beta token that grants them access to the beta, while seats remain.

    Those who have already preordered may take their receipt into GameStop starting the 9th to receive a beta token.

    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood ships November 16, 2010."

    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Beta Details, PS3 Pre-order Bonus

    More PlayStation 3 News...

  2. #2
    Senior Member spark32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    207
    Sponsored Links

    Lightbulb

    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSkillz21 View Post
    Beta keys will be released starting August 9, meaning that all those who preorder on or after the 9th will receive a beta token that grants them access to the beta, while seats remain.
    Gamestop.com lists the beta starting on Sept 13 and codes being available on Sept 10th.

    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

    gs.jpg  

  3. #3
    Contributor ProSkillz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    Gamestop.com lists the beta starting on Sept 13 and codes being available on Sept 10th.
    You are right. Sorry about that after reading the GameStop website, I can see where you are coming from. It appears that if you preordered online before seats run out you will receive a seat in the beta, with your code and redemption instructions emailed to you on September 10.

    People who order in store will have a code and redemption instructions printed on their receipt, which I assume will mean that they can redeem the code on September 10.

    However, what I believe IGN was referring to in relation to August 9 in their original article, is that starting that day, if you preorder you will have the code actually printed on your receipt, while if you preordered before you will not and will need to go into the store to get your beat token/code + redemption instructions.

    Also, after checking GameStop it appears that the beta will run for 2 weeks (14 days), ending on the 27th of September.

  4. #4
    Contributor tjay17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    421

    Thumbs Down

    I don't like these store preorder things where you have to get it from certain places to get things that you can otherwise not get.

  5. #5
    Senior Member spark32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by tjay17 View Post
    I don't like these store preorder things where you have to get it from certain places to get things that you can otherwise not get.
    Actually you can get any preorder bonus from gamestop without preordering the game, as long as they send you the bonus before the game ships (ex. Beta codes).

    What I do is make a fake Gamestop.com account with one of my Emails, then preorder it using a fake credit card found here (darkcoding.net/credit-card-numbers/)

    Don't worry, these don't belong to anyone, they have been generated through algorithm and they work on Gamestop, but your order gets canceled as soon as they try to charge the fake credit card.

    They typically send you a beta key after a couple days. I've done this for Medal Of Honor Beta, and MAG beta, which I preordered neither, and got betas for both.

    Hope this helps.

  6. #6
    Contributor ProSkillz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102
    I actually don't really mind this one, since I think its a good idea to run a beta to see how the game actually plays, especially since they are kinda trying something new here with the online component. However, I also think its pretty risky as if people aren't satisfied they may cancel their orders.

    Also spark I'm pretty sure that what you just suggested is illegal.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Transient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSkillz21 View Post
    I actually don't really mind this one, since I think its a good idea to run a beta to see how the game actually plays, especially since they are kinda trying something new here with the online component. However, I also think its pretty risky as if people aren't satisfied they may cancel their orders.

    Also spark I'm pretty sure that what you just suggested is illegal.
    Personally, I'd also like to see beta codes sent out to gamers who achieved a platinum trophy in the previous version of whatever game it is (so in this case, Assassin's Creed II).

    And yes, I wouldn't suggest anyone follow spark32's advice -- what he's suggesting is fraud. Just because you're using a fake credit card doesn't make it any less illegal. Really dumb idea.

  8. #8
    Contributor ProSkillz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102
    Ya, that would be nice if they sent it to AC2 platinum holders (I got that one so fast :] ), but if you were the company it's just another way of sparking interest for your product.

  9. #9
    Senior Member spark32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    Personally, I'd also like to see beta codes sent out to gamers who achieved a platinum trophy in the previous version of whatever game it is (so in this case, Assassin's Creed II).

    And yes, I wouldn't suggest anyone follow spark32's advice -- what he's suggesting is fraud. Just because you're using a fake credit card doesn't make it any less illegal. Really dumb idea.
    When they go to charge the card, they can't so the order gets cancelled then. No harm no foul.

    Besides, if you're so worried that it's illegal, use entirely fake information, and go behind a proxy.

  10. #10
    Contributor ProSkillz21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    When they go to charge the card, they can't so the order gets cancelled then. No harm no foul.

    Besides, if you're so worried that it's illegal, use entirely fake information, and go behind a proxy.
    Actually them charging the card and not getting any money, is exactly where the foul lies.

 

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News