Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0fdragon View Post
    servers cost money, now the monthy subscription fee is a joke, but the one time fee for buying a used game is justifiable, the company itself gets $0 from used games, so why should they support those people, its just a loss sale from somebody buying a new title. Last time I checked, companies were in business to make money, and do what ever it takes to make that money. The only way to stop this, is to not buy their products.
    first of all, how could you conclude that the one time fee is justifiable since you do not even know the price of the one time fee. The company making zero dollars from used games is perfectly fine. The concept of selling used games is the same for any other product, why should video games be any different?

No one said anything about supporting anyone or anything, they just do not have to be against them. of-course servers cost money, they should have thought about that before they decided to allow used game buyer free online play. it is the equivalent of taking back something you previously gave, and charging a fee for it , just to have it back... too bad for those who purchase their games new, as someone has to take the crap for someone else's mistake.

I'm perfectly fine with companies doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to make money, and I'm also perfectly fine with HACKERS DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES to pirate games! That is exactly why im an advocate for pirating games, as there is no justification/equality/moral in the business these companies do. The companies will never stop, they make and will continue to more profit than you can dream, we can only "hurt" their sales by pirating their games. PS JAILBREAK WILL screw sony in, just like team jungle did to micro$oft from the behind.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzo View Post
    First Activision wanted to raise the price of console games now they want to charge us for playing online?! You'd think they have enough money coming in from their success with the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero series.
    I think it's more like buying a car and complaining to have to pay for gas to drive somewhere, or having to pay a fee to park some places. Stores that sell used games make a killing and the developer gets dick. I wouldn't mind it if the fee is relatively low. I usually wait till a store has the game clearanced, then pick it up brand new.

On another note, I do think Bobby Kotick is a big douche bag!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShroomster View Post
    couldn't help it. they should keep to what they promised with the release of the PS3. if you buy a game and can go online with it, when it's resold or traded why should someone have to pay to use features again? its like buying a used car and having to call chevy for a code to use the navagation system.
    I meant to quote this, but I can not edit my last post. Sorry for the repost.
    Last edited by dukecity420; 08-25-2010 at 03:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sure this is going is going be combated by places like Gamestop by just charging less for used games so the cost of buying a used game plus purchasing the online pass would still be cheaper than purchasing the title new.

Quote Originally Posted by silkweed View Post
    I'm sure this is going is going be combated by places like Gamestop by just charging less for used games so the cost of buying a used game plus purchasing the online pass would still be cheaper than purchasing the title new.
    Knowing Gamestop, they will not charge less for a used game, they will only offer you less for trading it in.

Quote Originally Posted by dukecity420 View Post
    Knowing Gamestop, they will not charge less for a used game, they will only offer you less for trading it in.
    Well i think that will go hand in hand with charging less for used games.

Example, if a game has been out for a couple weeks and they sell it used for $10 under the new price and you just want to buy it used without any trade ins but you still have to pay $10 for an online pass, there would be no incentive to buy it used.

But I do agree that they would probably start offering less for trade ins to help recoup some of that cash.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News