Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Amazon: PS3 Slim Stock is Drying Up, Limit One Per Household

Sponsored Links
    Online retailer Amazon.com has now instituted a [Register or Login to view links] for PlayStation 3 Slim consoles, allowing just ONE per household or you could risk getting your account closed.

To quote: PlayStation 3 120 GB Purchase Policy

As you may know, the PlayStation 3 120 GB is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase PlayStation 3 120 GB, we are limiting the total number of PlayStation 3 120 GB units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase one PlayStation 3 120 GB unit.

Failure to comply with this policy will result in account actions including, but not limited to:

- Cancellation of all outstanding orders, including PlayStation 3 120 GB orders and other orders.
    - Closure of the offending customer account and related accounts, including:
    - The customer account used for making purchases and selling items on Amazon.com Seller accounts
    - Any international accounts at Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp
    - The Your Media Library account area, including any digital products you may have purchased
    - Any Amazon.com Associates account or Advantage account attached to the closed account

When an account is closed, access to any Amazon Wish List, Baby or Wedding Registry, or profile pages is lost. Any purchase history, saved gifts in Gift Central, and digital products in Your Media Library will not be accessible. Additionally, any outstanding Amazon.com gift certificate or check funds balance will be unavailable.

Amazon: PS3 Slim Stock is Drying Up, Limit One Per Household

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So like yeah, who else thinks Sony will move into second spot of console sells in 2010, lol...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That seems strangely heavy handed to people who are actually paying them money. Cancelling orders is fair enough, cancelling your amazon account completely would just piss most people off that they'd find another retailer next time they needed to buy something. Strange business plan they got...

Sponsored Links

What do they consider ..

Sponsored Links
    household? By shipping? or Billing address? or credit card used?

Just curious.

Thanks!

He he - in UK the Amazon put now the limit to current 80 GB model as well - max 5 per household ... LOL

That doesnt make much sense. They cant limit the numbers bought by themselves? They wouldnt need to take actions against accounts if their system could tell, by info given, who has already bought. This suggests they are just relying on customers good will to only buy one... what happens if you missed the memo?

Amazon is probably doing this to stop the reselling on Ebay, I can almost see the auctions of $500 dollars for a PS3 Slim on the first day of availability.

Now, I don't think there are a lot of dumb people willing to pay $500 for a console that will be $299 everywhere else but I've seen some stupid people that will jump on an auction like those.

Besides, very few people will buy two or more PS3s at one time, and those that want another can get one from gamestop or kmart or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by otarumx View Post
    Amazon is probably doing this to stop the reselling on Ebay, I can almost see the auctions of $500 dollars for a PS3 Slim on the first day of availability.

Now, I don't think there are a lot of dumb people willing to pay $500 for a console that will be $299 everywhere else but I've seen some stupid people that will jump on an auction like those.

Besides, very few people will buy two or more PS3s at one time, and those that want another can get one from gamestop or kmart or wherever.
    They are $499 here in Australia, so yeah seems we are dumb enough to pay $500 a console, I think ill import one, even after shipping it still turns out cheaper than buying one here.

Quote Originally Posted by D3M0N2009 View Post
    They are $499 here in Australia, so yeah seems we are dumb enough to pay $500 a console, I think ill import one, even after shipping it still turns out cheaper than buying one here.
    and then when you have to import most of the games too, it wont be cheaper in the long run... just get the console thats AU local. save your self the headache and wait times.

mm

games aren't region locked i have a aus ps3 but usually import games that get edited for AUS or with major release delay the only problem you will have is movies if you choose to purchase them they seem to be region locked....

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News