Alone in the Dark for PlayStation 3 hits this November as Inferno
Atari has announced that Alone in the Dark has been reworked for the PlayStation 3 and will debut this November under the name Alone in the Dark: Inferno.
Gameplay elements including camera, inventory system, and hero control have all been retooled for maximum immersion and fun. In addition, Alone in the Dark: Inferno will include an all-new action sequence revealing a previously unseen enemy of epic proportions. A demo is planned for early November.
Press Release: Atari Sets PLAYSTATION®3 Ablaze This November With Alone in the Dark: Inferno
Atari Responds to Media and Consumer Feedback with Red Hot Gameplay Enhancements and Scorching New Action Sequence for PLAYSTATION®3 Computer Entertainment System
NEW YORK, Oct. 10: One of this year's most innovative video games will get a blazing rework for its PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system debut this November as Atari ignites Alone in the Dark: Inferno. Development studio Eden Games has responded to the feedback of media and gamers and has turned up the heat to deliver an even more entertaining, immersive and action-packed blockbuster experience for PLAYSTATION 3 system.
The hosts of sizzling gameplay enhancements, red-hot content and the hellish storyline have inspired the name Alone in the Dark: Inferno for the ultimate Alone in the Dark experience on PLAYSTATION 3 system.
Alone in the Dark: Inferno stays true to the storyline of the previous versions in which gamers take on the role of paranormal investigator Edward Carnby and over the course of one apocalyptic night must fight to survive and uncover the earth-shattering secret behind New York's Central Park.
However, the new edition will fully complement the intense storytelling and unprecedented environmental interactions with an array of improved gameplay elements that will give gamers the ultimate Alone in the Dark experience.
Gameplay elements including camera, inventory system, and hero control have all been reworked for maximum immersion and fun. In addition, Alone in the Dark: Inferno will include an all-new action sequence revealing a previously unseen enemy of epic proportions.
The game promises to raise the temperature with improvements including:
- Full 360 degree camera control: enhanced camera controls allows complete freedom of the camera and better handling of third person movement for even more immersive gameplay enabling players to view the fire and mass destruction they are causing in all of its glory.
- Fine-tuned controls: quicker and smoother reactivity of the hero's movements in third person view increases the pace of the game and makes for faster, reflexive gameplay during tense fighting scenarios;
- Inventory system more accessible: more logical jacket inventory system with the ability to scroll rapidly through the inventory with the D-pad or Analog Stick to combine objects. In addition, gameplay is paused when accessing the inventory system to allow maximum creativity in combining items to create unique flammable weapons;
- More tips: additional on-screen tips will help players quickly adapt to controls and easily understand how to overcome tricky situations;
- Spectral Vision tuning: a tutorial earlier in the storyline explains the need to burn roots in order to gain spectral vision (a power that grants you the ability to see the unseen) and difficulty tuning means less spectral vision is required to reach the end of the game;
- Improved car dynamics and handling: driving has been tuned with increased suspension and reduced drifting giving overall better handling to make driving a fun walk in the park every time;
- 59th Street level tuning: one of the game's most exciting sequences just got better. 59th Street has been tweaked for a more satisfying race against the fissure with difficulty tuning, an added checkpoint at Columbus Circle and clear voice directions given by Sarah;
- Brand new thrilling action sequence: an exclusive new sequence has been added in Episode 6 for even more excitement and variety of gameplay in the episode.
A demo is planned for early November that will be available through the PLAYSTATION® Network to give fans an early preview of the intense action and deeply immersive story line. For more information on Alone in the Dark: Inferno, please visit: [Register or Login to view links]. More PlayStation 3 News...