Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When you get to the screen where you have to type username and password, in bottom left corner is a button called Sessions. Click that and choose Gnome then log in as normal.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyonn View Post
    nes9x -joymap1 13 14 12 15 10 11 3 0 "/home/Ivan/Desktop/SNES ROMS/NBA Live '98 (U).smc"
    /usr/bin/snes9x: /usr/bin/snes9x: cannot execute binary file
    any think they can help me when i load the rom and got to run it a window pops up and thats what it say
    Best way to fix an error really, is to read it. it says it's unable to execute the binary snes9x. Thats the executable you compiled. if you placed on the desktop. why is it looking for it in /usr/bin/snes9x? did you properly set the path to it from snesexpress's configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by eddie666
    I installed it and it worked well the mplayer for like 1 minute then i had to switch the audio cause i heard static but now i get this error when opening a dvd. "error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device." i switched back to the original audio but still nothing. any help?
    could you elaborate, what did you exactly when you "switched the audio"? is this error only with dvds? are you using the command line mplayer or mplayer-gui?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    When you get to the screen where you have to type username and password, in bottom left corner is a button called Sessions. Click that and choose Gnome then log in as normal.
    i dont know how it is with YDL but in Fedora the screen is all black and there is no button to sessions. i ve just learned that first i needed to change the grafic login to show me te sessions. but thanks anyway for the hint

One more thing anyone knows if VideoLan plays RMVB format? if so i need something because it is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by satbuster View Post
    Also, the PS3-Linux combination is completely unsatisfactory as a mplayer/vlc-based media platform. It, currently, does not offer enough horsepower to decode and display MPEG4 streams in 720p or higher resolutions. Definitely no 1080p playback under Linux using mplayer/vlc.

Maybe the Linux kernel team will improve the hardware utilization of the PS3 over time.
    Hopefully, they'll improve and optimize linux for those stuff... I really want to play my HR.HDTV files on it, it'll look great.

I installed YDL 5.0 via the textinstall. All seems fine except for when I try to go "startx" after I login as root in the command line. Screen stays black forever and there are some signs of the HDD loading here and there..

I tried ps3videomode and it gave me a number "3" (720P) at the prompt, before I attempt startx. Anyways, my PS3 is hooked up to my HDTV LCD monitor atm and should run in 720P. I don't get it..

Someone help!

Installing SNES9x: (Super Nintendo Emulation) I get confused on part c) can someone explain this a little bit more in detail thanks

Help.... Don't now which vlcplayer ver. to download (fedora 4, 5 or 6 etc)

thread was very helpful... ive been searching far and wide for help installing snes9x for linux on my ps3, but im on a mission to get many old consoles installed as well... primarily the gba. does anyone know how to install a gab emulator for ydl 5 and which emulator to use?

Hi,

I've finally got around to setting this up and am having some problems. I created a fresh install of YDL on the ps3 and updated the kernel to the latest one (wifi support).

I've copied over the repos files and try to install or update yum and get the follwoing errors.

Loading "installonlyn" plugin
    Setting up Update Process
    Setting up repositories
    freshrpm-frpm [1/7]
    livna-stable [2/7]
    http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/5/ppc/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
    Trying other mirror.
    Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
    failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
    Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Can anyone tell me whats happening?

Thanks,
    Ian

OK. It appears that the livna repos isn't compatible with the newer kernel version. deleted the livna file from yum repos directory and ran yum install of vlc player. Which seems to be working ok.

There are a few different livna repos files available so will try one later. Not 100% sure which files this installs/updates.
    Last edited by IanJ; 05-07-2007 at 06:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How easy is it to update this to the new 5.0.1 that has Wi-fi support, ive got the update file but not too sure how to update it?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News