Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

2.5 Or 3.5 Inch?

Sponsored Links
    I Was At Best Buy And I Saw Tha Baracuda 750gb For 299 But I Didnt Know If It Had To B A 2.5 Or 3.5 Inch Drive (internal)

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    I Was At Best Buy And I Saw Tha Baracuda 750gb For 299 But I Didnt Know If It Had To B A 2.5 Or 3.5 Inch Drive (internal)
    You want to look for the 2.5 in. one. It's a standard size for what they use in laptops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xDarKnighTx View Post
    wait, so you can only swap out the HD on the 60GB version of the ps3? I was planning to just get a 20GB. If I can't swap out the HD, i'll definitely get the 60GB then.
    You'll be fine with the 20GB, if your still swapping for a bigger HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    You could save yourself some money, and get a cheaper one on eBay. Like was mentioned before, make sure it is a SATA 2.5" HDD. Better yet, just get yourself an external USB 2.0 SATA HDD.

Is it possible to replace the stock 2.5 drive with a bigger notebook drive?

Quote Originally Posted by kanecain1981 View Post
    Is it possible to replace the stock 2.5 drive with a bigger notebook drive?
    Yes, that is what this thread is all about, upgrading the HDD.

Huzzah! I'm really glad 3.5'' desktop models work in PS3! Bring on the haxx0rz

Quote Originally Posted by captpeo View Post
    The link you posted is for a 3.5 if Im not mistaken. But its safer to get an external one, if they do the same function.
    Correct, you can either upgrade to a bigger internal 2.5" SATA HDD, or have a 2.5" or 3.5" SATA external USB HDD via enclosure. Just make sure it is SATA drive.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

22-148-134-03.JPG  

Ow im gonne try this if i get my loan ^^

PS3 HDD Upgrade!!! 20gb to....

I found this info googling and i thought i would share it:

[Register or Login to view links]

but my question is will it void that warranty??? ok well just a lil more info on the kick ass ps3 (which i just picked up yesterday! hehe gotta brag) lol ;p

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast