Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It seems Sony will be putting an end to linux support in 3.0, but like previous SKU's they may still support it on the fat console. I know this has made a lot of linux users angry, and dev's. Hopefully they will still support it like they still support SACD on older models, and PS2 emulation etc on EU 60gb and accelerated graphics will only improve. Guess its just the Slim that will be hacked lol.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi forum,

take a look at this link : [Register or Login to view links]

he can play 2 fullhd-videos include ac3 sound at the same time under linux;
    using a flashplayer optimized for gpu. this was 2006.

greets
    mike

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi. I took a look at the link that you posted and I found out that it is in a language most of the forum can't read.
    Babelfish comes up with a error when attempting to translate it.

Would you mind posting an english version?

hi,

sorry, i havent a english version, its a german forum

and my english is too bad to translate it

perhaps this will help you :
    [Register or Login to view links]

greets
    mike

Linux still had access to RSX in 2006, and wasn't blocked then, so it was capable of hd video playback etc.

This is a great news, but i'd like to point out that accelerated graphics is not only about number crunching. Even more important is memory bandwidth, and without DMA access to video memory there would be no change of high performance video decoding or graphics rendering

That is some great news. I hope it works good.

I am looking forward to 3D Accelerated Graphics being available on the various Linux distributions for the PS3 too.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News