Just a few hours ago, we reported on a rumor about the new PlayStation 3 FW 1.90. A tipster, Not A Tad Bit gave us a heads up on the features that are included in the latest firmware update released first in Japan.
The information comes straight from Zoople and Game Watch (so please forgive the semi-Engrish Google translations of the features). From what we can understand from the translations, the PS3 FW 1.90 goes live tomorrow in all other regions and will sport a number of new features like customization options for the wallpaper in the cross media bar (XMB) and fonts. Another interesting feature comes in the form of Home Chat - users can attach a USB keyboard and chat with friends. Playback quality of music CDs also get a level up with a output frequency options.
The other features include:
* Games on the XMB can now be sorted
* Inclusion of "eject disk" on the option menu
* BD/DVD setting now provides an option for 24Hz output over HDMI
* CD music output also has new options for output frequency: 44.1, 88.2, and 176.4 kHz
* Output settings will be available for PSOne and PS2 games.
* Bookmarks can now be added
* Browser Security will be added to the tools of the PS3 internet browser
* Video settings can be changed in-game
* Music settings now include "Bit Mapping"
* Emoticons and avatars are included in the chat, avatars move in reaction to audio in AV chat
* AVCHD type animated pictures can be saved from Memory Sticks
Interesting. So far, the said changes have gone live only in Japan. Excited for 1.90? Well, according the reports, PSP FW 3.52 is also going live tomorrow. Better hold on to your hats.