Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSN Links Questions

Sponsored Links
    I was reading the PSN links thread, and there was something mentioned about activation required. For the games that don't require activation, will they work if you download/ install through proxy on the newest firmware?

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSkillz21 View Post
    I was reading the PSN links thread, and there was something mentioned about activation required. For the games that don't require activation, will they work if you download/ install through proxy on the newest firmware?
    You cant install them on the newest firmware...somewhere around 2.4x they can be downloaded but fail to install on a retail.

They work on tests, and maybe on demo consoles. But for now they are good to have archived for future (possible) use.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ALL the games (including the ones that require activation and the game patches) can be installed through the PS3 Proxy in ALL firmwares (tested until the current 2.70). The method is just different since the firmware 2.36: You MUST TO HAVE the game to be installed, listed in your PSN DOWNLOAD LIST and start the download from the Download List, and use the same URL for that game in the proxy (it is longer possible to use the URL a game to install another).

Thus, to have a game that require activation in your PSN DOWNLOAD LIST it must be a free demo (like the PSP demos) or a game that you already purchased. ie. to install "Flower Full Game" using the proxy, you must have purchased it and install it from the download list of the account that you used to buy it.

The process is simple:

0- I assume that you already have the proxy configured and you know how to use it.
    1- Download a game to your PC (ie. "XYZ Demo USA.pkg").
    2- Login to your USA account, and access the PSN Store.
    3- Browse the game (ie. "XYZ Demo") and start the download. Cancel the download as soon as the download bar is shown.
    4- In the proxy copy the URL to the clipboard, add a new line in the Replace Files tab and paste the URL in the left field and the local path of the downloaded "XYZ Demo" in the right field.
    5- Go to your PSN Download List, and download "XYZ Demo" again. This time it will download and install the file from the PC.
    Last edited by aldostools; 04-04-2009 at 06:37 PM

So there is no way to download the games to the ps3 for free anymore right?

BTW. If you put the games on your ps3 using an old firmware, and install them, and they work, will they still work when you update to the newest firmware?

Banned User

BTW. If you put the games on your ps3 using an old firmware, and install them, and they work, will they still work when you update to the newest firmware?
    Yes, but really there were only a couple full games 2 or 3 iirc that worked. But most demo's do, i have only came across a couple that didn't.

The only method to get "free" games is sharing purchased games among another 4 friends (most full games allow to be installed on up to 5 PS3 consoles, the account that purchased it must exist and be active on each PS3).

Even on old firmwares most of the full games didn't work unless you pay for them. The unique exception was the full versions of Rub'a'Dub, Lemmings and GripShift. They still work in newer FW versions. However, if you install the update of Rub'a'Dub, then it turns back into a demo version.

Quote Originally Posted by aldostools View Post
    The only method to get "free" games is sharing purchased games among another 4 friends (most full games allow to be installed on up to 5 PS3 consoles, the account that purchased it must exist and be active on each PS3).

Even on old firmwares most of the full games didn't work unless you pay for them. The unique exception was the full versions of Rub'a'Dub, Lemmings and GripShift. They still work in newer FW versions. However, if you install the update of Rub'a'Dub, then it turns back into a demo version.
    Hold up so you can still download Rub'a'Dub full version in the newer firmwares and get it to work? Interesting...

Banned User
    Hold up so you can still download Rub'a'Dub full version in the newer firmwares and get it to work? Interesting...
    he meant they still work when you update your firmware... but that if you install the new game data patch for it then it gets deactivated.

psn installling on 2.70

i have an ideas about the psn store.

I think it will work, if the downloaded file is the same size as the one you wish to upload and the same name. i think you can install it.

I just need some sort of dummy file maker like on the dreamcast then just need to install but the files need to be 100% same size.

PSN Links Question

Hey everyone. I'm new here. I saw the PSN Links and it seems pretty cool that you can use them but I have a question about them. Is using these links illegal in anyway? I saw Demo, video, and others file types that seem to be legal but then I saw Full game links. Could someone give me more information about these links?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast