Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up Install Debug Firmware on a Retail PS3 system

Sponsored Links
    Hello,

I am new to this forum and this will be my first post. I have found a way to install the debug firmware on a retail ps3 this method has been tested with a 40gb and 80gb system and worked on both. Please use this method at your own risk and be sure you understand every thing in this post.

I have no test files to try the debugging features out with and I am shure Sony will block this method if it gets big. I will hope some of the devs can send me some apps to try out like the eboot decryption and hdd backup loader so I can confirm this firmware is fully operational so I give this method in those hopes.

Tools needed:

1 ps3 system
    2 ps3 hdd same size
    1 retail firmware upgrade
    1.80 Or 2.15 debug firmware

First format both hdd’s to the ps3 system.

Put debug firmware on a USB stick and start the update the update will first copy the files to the hdd this is good. Next you system will restart and should take you to screen that reads reads push ps button to begin update (this is past the screen that reads update will start in 30 sec and counts down just push x to continue on) at this point power off the system using the switch in the back. Do not begin the update as it will error out.

Next remove the hdd you just copied the debug firmware to and put in the second hdd. Copy the retail update to a USB stick and start the update when you get to the accept licenses screen don’t push any thing remove the hdd with the system powered on and put in the hdd with the debug firmware on it. Next accept the license agreement and the system will install the update when your finished you will have the debug firmware on your system go to system settings and check version number and you will see the debugging options.

Note for this to work your system must be below or at 1.80 for the 1.80 debug update... and below or on 2.01 for the 2.15 debug update. Just use the next version up from your current firmware version for the retail update.

I also ask the devs to grant me access to all forums and downloads

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well before everyone gets excited, can you confirm this for us by taking a picture of the debugging options?

Thanks!

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

here is the pics you asked for

Sponsored Links
    pics of debug settings

i am not sure if the pics made it
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Dsc02391.jpg   Dsc02393.jpg  

Banned User
    ya know i thought about a month ago.... this since i have 2 PS3s and 1 is at 1.10 ill try it.......does it have to have 2 HDDs the exact same size ed i have a 20 GB ps3 and a 60 GB ps3....so i need either another 20 or 60 GB HDD to test this?

Banned User
    i am not sure as i used 2 40gb hdd's from ps3 systems.

what you are doing is tricking the ps3 into installing the firmware so i would use same size hdd's
    Last edited by XVISTAMAN2005; 05-17-2008 at 11:00 PM

Banned User
    i have a method that will work with this (if it really works) to allow a 2.16+ FW ps3 to accept and download the 2.15 debug FW to HDD and start the updater.sce....

i hope this is true and not another BS hoax.....

One of the resident PS3 Devs is giving it a try now... we'll know soon I'm sure.

Banned User
    it worked for me.. i would shoot a video but i dont have a camcorder. can we get some download links to some pkg test files or maybe some one has a manual on how to use this firmware's debug options? i sill have not figured out how to use the be emulator yet. i used a usb hdd and selected format bd emulator hdd and it formatted it, but nothing else and the hdd is not visable in windows.

While we are working at this- there is a package in our downloads section, signed for a DEV unit. Give it a go and see if you can install it!

Edit: I have gone ahead and attached it to this post!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned User
    ok the pkg test file said error on installation like i said i am not sure if the firmware is funtional
    Last edited by XVISTAMAN2005; 05-17-2008 at 11:31 PM

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News