Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Red Face [Answered] Help. Where does a newbie start?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys,

I've been browsing the forums for a few hours and all these emulators and linux stuff is really confusing for me.
    Is there a guide which gives the basic steps on how to start?
    I don't know any of the 'mod' terms... haha
    I came to this site in search for a ps2 loader on ps3 that can play fake iso (downloaded games).
    I don't know if that is real or not though...

But thanks anyways.. Hope to get a reply

Thanks

Ryu

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ryutarotion View Post
    I came to this site in search for a ps2 loader on ps3 that can play fake iso (downloaded games).
    Welcome.. If you are seeking to play PS2 game images on the PS3, you can do it one of two ways:

1) From disc, which also requires the Swap Magic Discs and opening the PS3 up (voiding your warranty). If this interests you, see here:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...0-a-49057.html

Videos Here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-a-108880.html

2) From the PS3 HDD, which requires the Swap Magic Discs but not opening the PS3 up. If this interests you, check for "Open PS2 Loader" and "PS3 USBLD Loader" threads in the PS3 HDD Forum (both apps allow you to do this, but you must have a non-Slim PS3 with (4) USB Ports):

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-hdd-news/

Finally, when all else fails it's a good idea to search the PS3 Guides/Tutorials section if you are new here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So all i need to do is buy the swap magic dvd.. insert the dvd, download the ps2 loader... open the.elf? where do i put my ps2 iso?

Sorry everything is so confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryutarotion View Post
    So all i need to do is buy the swap magic dvd..
    Yea, unfortunately if you don't have it yet I'd buy it first (see HERE if you need to know where to buy it) as trying to follow all this without actually doing it step-by-step with the materials in hand is indeed "confusing" as you put it and really a waste of time.

Once you get the Swap Magic discs, some more detailed guides outlined step-by-step are available here though:

PS3 USBLD Loader Tutorial for 60GB and 20GB with Videos

How to Play PS2 iSOs on PS3 via USBAdvance (20/60GB NTSC/JAP)

How to Play PS2 iSOs on PS3 via USBAdvance (for PAL Systems ONLY)

If you follow those guides and read through their threads while doing so you should have no issues.

This is awesome... i'm new to this as well (just bought my PS3 about 2 weeks ago) and I'm slowly beginning to see what's underneath the tip of the iceberg.

I'll give this a go and post progress.

I had a Swap Magic 3.6 but i lost it. now i want to get 3.8 as it looks and sounds better with the action replay thing.

does anyone know where i can buy one? a walk in store or a secure reliable online store?

thanks.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by y2kkingboy View Post
    I had a Swap Magic 3.6 but i lost it. now i want to get 3.8 as it looks and sounds better with the action replay thing.

does anyone know where i can buy one? a walk in store or a secure reliable online store?
    That is answered just a few posts above in this very there... see here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post278940

Just a quick question... I read that the actual PS3 Slim lost its ability to play PS2 titles.

So everthing linked here does only work with the older versions ? Depending on the used FW ? Or Model ? (slim or thick )

ty much

dock

yes. basically if you have one of the old ones with 4 USBs in it, then this is the way to do it. It will not work if you have on of the new models (slim or 2 USBs), but wait and someday it might work

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News