You can now stream your entire MP3 collection from your home PC (Windows XP/MCE/2K) to your Sony PSP (w/ Firmware version 2.6+) - anywhere in the world - with this dynamic RSS channel creator. No need to take up valuable space on your Memory Stick.
* Dynamicly generates an RSS Channel from your MP3's
* Reads ID3 Tags and adds them as metedata to the channel
* Stream/Play music off the RSS Channel directly from your PSP Browser
Release Notes: (updated 03/03/2006)
* Windows 2000/XP/MCE machine (tested on all 3)
* Playstation Portable Player (PSP) w/ version 2.6+ Firmware
* some MP3 files
* .Net Framework 1.1 (1.1.442)
* Internet Information Server (IIS)
* download & unRAR to a temp directory
* run setup.exe, choose defaults, close.
* go to the IIS Admin Tool (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services Manager)
* Create a new Virtual Directory (alias "PSP"), path is your "My Music" (or wherever your MP3s are stored), allow read/run scripts/browse setting, click next, close.
* change the following line in the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PspMediaServer\web.config file to:
where YOUR_INTERNAL_IP is the value of your internal IP address
* Test your new Web server by browsing & clicking on GetAllMedia - HTML
* On your PSP, browse & click on GetAllMedia - XML. Choose YES to add as an RSS channel
The latest version is: 0.7.3 (Alpha)
* 0.7.3 fixed subfolder with spaces bug
* 0.7.2 added default.aspx/html version of XML with XSLT
* 0.7.1 fixed ID3 Tag url tag
* 0.7.0 added mp3/ID3 Tag support
* 0.6.0 added subfolder support
* 0.5.0 first alpha version
* multiple Audio format support
* detailed dynamic IP / firewall intructions
* different channels by genre/artist/playlist!!!
* Video? It is possible Sony will release support in future versions
* Older PSP firmware (<2.6) versions should a homebrew rss reader.