Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP-OSS v0.1 BETA For PSP

Uploaded by CJPC - 12-23-2005 - Note: Download Button will appear below when video finishes!

PSP-OSS Team has finally released their highly anticipated PSP-OSS, version 0.1 BETA. PSP-OSS is an open-source shell program for PSP. Here is some more detailed information from the ReadMe:

I've tried the shell. I should say, although it is the very first release of the program, I can feel it is well polished. The programmer(s) must have been putting a lot of effort into implementing the theme function and integrating everything into one piece. I used the UMD launching function. It was implemented by embedding FileAssistant ++ into the program. I used Ridge Racers which requires no firmware check. The game booted correctly. And when I tried to return using the HOME button, the game actually exited to the PSP-OSS shell, instead of the original PSP XMB interface. I want to say this is just great. I tried Winning Eleven 9 which requires 2.0 but doesn't necessarily need 2.0 to run, and it booted too. But unfortunately, I accidentally got kicked back to the XMB with an error message. I tried again but this error didn't happen again. Maybe a little check on the stability is needed.

Features:

*Audio:

Built-in audio player
MP3 and OGG support
*Image:

Built-in image viewer
PNG and JPG support an resolutions up to 512x512
*EBOOT Support:

Run any EBOOT off you memory stick via the "Start Menu" (1.5 firmware)
*Filebrowser:

Easily access your memory sticks files via included filebrowser
Ability to Open, Cut, Paste, Delete and Rename files
*Easy-to-use GUI:

Restart and shutdown the PSP-OSS from the desktop
Run any UMD from the desktop (excluding UMDs requiring 2.xx)
Edit your theme or background from the configuration panel
Enable/disable USB mode
Access time and date information
*Shortcuts

Look at Shortcut.ql example on the desktop. Open in a text editor
*Folder Locations for Desktop and Start Menu

Files you want on the desktop or in the start menu go in these folders
Desktop: PSP-OSS\DESKTOP\
Game: PSP\GAME\
Music: PSP\MUSIC\
Pictures: PSP\PHOTO\

Installation:
1.Put you PSP in USB mode.
2.Extract PSP-OSS_01_BETA.zip to the root of your memory stick.
3.Navigate to the memory stick icon under "GAME" on your PSP
4.Select PSP-OSS and press "X"
5.Enjoy!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News