PS3 XMB Back-Up Image
Like I said lots to explain.
The included file is NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!
-->>>IT IS A 4GB ISO FILE WHEN EXTRACTED.
This video demonstrates the 3rd of my hotswap methods, and also a new method by which you can backup disks inserted into the BD-Drive of your PS3.
To begin you need:
1. DVD Burner and Blank DVD
3. An IDE to SATA adapter as well as a way to attach a sata device to you PS3.
(ps3news.com/forums/playstation-3-chat/750gb-hdd-ps3-made-possible-39655.html) - - Post by Radiskull
4. An IDE Hard-Drive
Once all materials have been obtained follow these directions:
1. Burn "XMB_BACKUP_DISK.ISO" to a DVD-/+R
2. Boot your PS3 up and insert the disk and then select the data disk in the "Photo" area
3. Goto "System Settings" on the XMB but do not select it.
4. Remove the SATA cable from either the drive or the PS3
5. Select "System Setting"
6. Eject the data disk
7. Insert the disk you wish to backup
8. Wait for a short time till you feel the disk would have been intialized normally.
9. Reconnect the SATA cable
10. Goto the "Photo" area and copy "backup4GB.TIFF" to the HDD (used tiff for a joke)
11. Copy to your external hdd to examine contents
-->>>Please view the video if you have questions
THIS METHOD IS NOT PRACTICAL FOR BACKUPS RIGHT NOW FOR 4 REASONS:
1. Backing up a full BD would require a burned BD disk filled to 25GB (aka a bluray burner for you)
2. Any file larger than 4GB can not be removed from the XMB.
3. It is uncertain if the exact disk size be taken into account.
4. The file does not begin at the beginning of the disk. (Some tweaking of the iso might be able to change this.)
For the most upto date news regarding PS3, PSP, and just about everything gaming, check out PS3News.com.
-->>>> To keep up with MY newest exploits, or to make a donation, check out hacked2123.ps3news.com
Powered by DownloadsII 6.0.7, by Jelle.