Python library for PS3 (Sony Playstation 3) game development under Linux PPC64. Uses SPUs to blit images (solid, masked or alpha) allowing for fast rendering. Also supports PS3 controllers and integration with PIL.
As you may know, I've been writing my PS3 stuff with a view to building up a library suitable for writing games and as I thought about it more the idea of using a scripting language for the game seemed the most logical way forward. I plumped on python as I'd used it before for a couple of small jobs and it seemed like a nice language with a lot of support. Plus, it has the advantage of being pre-installed on most Linux distributions and very easy to extend, and so the PS3 library for python was born...
Brief points of the current build:
- Support for the PS3 frame buffer on a per pixel basis
- Support for blittable objects (solid, masked or alpha blended)
- Support for the PS3 controllers
- Easy integration with PIL for image manipulation and text rendering
- A proof-of-concept breakout game