SMS (Simple Media System) v1.7 Rev4 For PS2
Uploaded by CJPC - 05-31-2006
EEUG has released a new version of his media player for PS2. SMS is a DivX and MP3 player for the PS2. Using SMS, you can stream movies and music right to your TV. forget about all the set-top boxes, forget about the 'Media PC', if you have a PS2, you have all the hardware you need.
Features of SMS include:
- Smooth DivX AVI Playback at decent resolution
- Pan/Scan and zooming
- Subtitles support (SRT and SUB)
- Visual seek (Fast Foward and Rewind)
- Multiple language and character set support for subtitles other than English
- MP3 Playback
- SMS will read video files from a variety of sources
- Changed image management routines. Now SMS uses unified image format for
skin and icons. IPU is fully utilized to perform image decompression (it's
quite fast (a 640x480 test image is decompressed from 30KB to 900KB and
uploaded to GS memory in just ~8ms)). A Win32 application (pic2smi.exe) is
provided to create such an images. This application is replaced an old one
(pic2sms.exe). It's possible to adjust image quality (better quality -bigger image size) and brightness, but default settings should work OK in most cases. These changes resulted smaller (by ~110KB uncompressed) SMS.elf size. Note new skin filename: SMS.smi ('i' means "image" ) (thanks to "Mr. Worm~~" for
- High resolution movies are performing using reduced color resolution
(dithered 16 bit), so no artefacts due to insufficient GS RAM should occur.
- There's also a possibility to force desired color resolution via SMS menu
as 16 bit color resolution can improve performance a bit (less data traffic).
(thanks to "Mr. Worm~~" again for trying);
- Non-interleaved .avi's are treated as "unsupported". File treated as
non-interleaved if it contains more than 256 consecutive packets belonging
to the same stream (audio, video or other);
- Added function to copy selected file to HDD's current partition. Pressing
"square" pad button activates file context menu which currently has only
one item (Copy to HDD). Copy process can be terminated by "triangle" (there
can be some delay due to buffering, so press and hold "triangle" till "Stopping"
message will appear at the status line). This function is purely experimental
(just to measure device speed), so, use it on your own risk (files will be
overwritten without any prompt). Note also that only PS2 internal HDD is
Powered by DownloadsII 6.0.7, by Jelle.