Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Layer break for XGD3 is 2133520.

Sponsored Links

Exclamation Microsoft blocks copies of Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, NBA 2K12?

Sponsored Links
    I don't follow XBox 360 stuff much but has anyone here experienced an Unsupported Disc error with XGD3 backups of Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops, Skyrim, NBA 2K12, and FIFA Soccer 12 by chance?

It looks like Microsoft has managed to block some bootleg copies XGD3 games. At the time of writing, some users are experiencing “Unsupported Disc” with Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops, Skyrim, NBA 2K12, and FIFA Soccer 12.

Did Microsoft secretly pushed out the updated dae.bin file to some Xbox 360 consoles? You know, the same dae.bin file that was supposed to be in the Fall 2011 Dashboard update?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    Aha, seems like the program I was having.

A quick solution that may work:

1. Delete .dvd file which comes with .ISO file
    2. Use IMGBurn, set layerbreak manually - Tools - Setting - Write - Options - Layerbreak (for DL media) - User-specified - [Write "1913760" for XB2 images ("old" diskformats), do not know for new XB3 images]
    3. Burn some DVD-RW to warm up laser, anything you want. I burned 3 GB of junk and the laser was well-warmed.
    4. Quickly insert blank DVD-DL and start burning process.
    5. Wait
    6. ???
    7. Profit!
    Will try it tonite and hopefully this method is working but I don't think so as I aslo do manually the Set the Layer Break to 1913760
    and it give me error for burning using DVD-R DL and prompt me to use DVD+R DL

As for deleting the .dvd i haven't try yet as it might working or not will update tonite when i back..

The DAE tables are now updating dynamically and silently via Live vs releasing with new dashboards. They also apparently contain per console information (so sharing is no longer smart). Also the new ODD devices (that allow you to play off usb by emulating your dvd drive) are fundamentally affected. This may push more people to use the RGH.

Try xval to test for flags. That is an error message you see when getting hit with a table update (renders AP25 backups with older info unplayable).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Arrow dae.bin defeated in 36hours by xKey team, all XGD3 games booting

Here is another update / video for those following: x360keyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1706#p12039

dufc1983: All xgd3 games are booting. The 6 x old XGd2 games (blops etc) will be working in 24 hours and by the time the firmware is public.

TheArtificer: Expect an update in the next few days.

It’s doubtful that disk profiling data will be available for all the old XGD2/AP25 games at release, shortly after is my guess. All the XGD3 games I have looked at have the same profile and that’s done now (there will be more in the future no doubt).

The good news is:
    • You only have to profile a disk once
    • Tools will be available in the coming weeks that will let you do this yourselves
    • AP26 is finally handled correctly (CFW couldn’t deal with it correctly either )

Microsoft is eating dust, every new protection they throw out there is owned in a matter of days.

The 360 scene rocks.

Agree 100% this is what i call scene, where devs are respected as gods releasing after a few hours new updates Good, new backups are back

This is only getting trickier for people who rely on DVD flashing and backups on Live. JTAGs, whether via the rebooter or newer reset glitch, don't have to worry about any of this.

Still, it's very good to see progress of a more mature scene.

You're so right! I gave my son my xbox360 when I brought a PS3, I decided I would jump into the xbox360 scene and flash his drive ready for christmas, buy all the equipment to do so and to burn xdg3 correctly. I've got to say the xbox360 is amazing, there's so much happening...

Man, I'm getting bored of this PS3 scene... Bring on the new ixtreme LT+ 3.0 firmware!!! C4eva Rocks!!
    Last edited by tim132; 11-23-2011 at 06:50 AM

Yeah, it's exciting to play the 'games' of that scene, meaning the recent hunt for LiteOn drives, flashing them and burning XGD3. Taking my 360s apart (begrudgingly) for frequent flash updates, building jtag firmware and flashing with fingers crossed that I don't need to dig out my homemade parallel flashing cable... The list goes on.

I have had great satisfaction engineering my own connectivity devices for 360 drives, and seeing them work. Home engineering ftw! I would LOVE that out of this scene, but there seem to be quite different approaches.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News