Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

XexTool for X-Box 360 and Xex Loader for IDA released!!

Sponsored Links
    xorloser let us know some VERY BIG NEWS today for the entire X-Box 360 hacking front- after 3 YEARS of work with the X-Box 360 executable/dll containers known as Xex files he has finally publically released both his XexTool and Xex Loader for [Register or Login to view links]! :)

Downloads: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] [Register or Login to view links] (for IDA)

Be sure to drop by his Web site at [Register or Login to view links] for a LOT of other handy tools as well, and below are the release details:

With XexTool you can do pretty much anything you want to an xex file except sign it for a retail X-Box 360. Some examples of what it can do are:

* Print out all info about an xex
    * Patch an xex file with an xexp patch file
    * Extract the basefile from an xex file
    * Extract the resources from an xex file
    * Export information required to disassemble to an IDC file
    * Remove all limits from an xex (such as media, region, library versions)
    * Convert a retail xex into a devkit xex
    * Change the compressed state of a xex
    * Change the encrypted state of a xex

This tool is a command line tool. Those who require a GUI are not the kind of people this tool is aimed at. :D

Regarding the Xex IDA Support: This is an xex loader for IDA, it lets you open xex files in IDA without any messing around! If this doesn't excite you tremendously then obviously this tool isn't for you hehe.

This works so well it makes me happy just to use it!

This tool uses the same codebase as XexTool and so has the same support (ie works with everything!)

Regarding PPC Altivec Support: This adds support to IDA for the "extra" PPC instructions used by processors such as the one in the Xbox360. This is very useful in combination with the above loader to ensure maximum reversal of xex files.

This was originally developed by Dean Ashton but was added to by some of the xbox-hacker ppl. I just precompiled this for IDA v5.2.

XexTool for X-Box 360 and Xex Loader for IDA released!!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Finally, now I can get some serious work done on XEX decryption and exploiting.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    exploiting is still a major pain in the ass. since memory needs to be flagged as executable to contain code and is also then read-only and encrypted, it means you cannot then exploit to write some code to memory and then run it.

is there any LIVE LINK with that stuff? [Register or Login to view links]

Everywhere where i searched - "Deleted for request from microsoft" ...

Lightbulb

Here are some of the XexTools I had archived... this should be what you're seeking. If they are, I'd appreciate it if you can +Rep me by clicking on the tiny green gem above my post in the right-hand corner next to "permalink".
    Attached Files Attached Files

Arrow XexTool v6.0 Update

xorloser has now updated XexTool to v6.0: [Register or Login to view links]
    I have been meaning to update this site for a while, and also to release updates for XexTool and the Xex Loader for IDA. So over the weekend I finally got around to doing so.

For those who donít know, XexTool is a windows command line tool that gives info on every aspect of an Xbox360 xex file. It also extracts the file that the xex is based on (usually an exe file) and has the ability to alter most of the various flags and parameters set inside an xex file.

The IDA loader for XEX files enables you to directly load an xex file into the IDA disassembler in order to look at what the internal code is doing. This is extremely useful for developers and reversers. If you donít know what IDA is or what this loader does, then this tool isnít for you.

XexTool v6.1 Update + more

Another update from xorloser: xorloser.com/?p=365

Here is a small update for XexTool and the Xex Loader for IDA to fix some reported bugs.

This adds some enhancements to the IDC file creation in XexTool to bring it as close to the level of the Xex Loader plugin as is possible with a script. It also adds checks to ensure the file was loaded as a Binary PPC file. It is a common mistake to use IDAs default option of “Load as a PE file” so this will now catch this error and warn the user.

This update also fixes a bug in the Xex Loader for IDA that stopped it being usable in some versions of IDA such as v5.5. It is recommended to use this update even if the last version gave you no noticable issues.

Lastly I’ve also included the latest revision of the “PPC Altivec” plugin for IDA. This was a plugin originally created by Dean Ashton to add Altivec and VMX support to IDAs PPC processor module. It is now up to v1.8 and has been added to and tweaked by many people including myself. This plugin now also adds support to IDA for the processor specific instructions available on PS3 (CellBE), Xbox360 (Xenon) and Gamecube/Wii (Gekko).

The Gekko processor support was originally created as a separate plugin by HyperIris. Unfortunately the Gekko plugin conflicted with this plugin meaning you could not have both installed at once. To fix the conflict I merged the Gekko plugin into this plugin. If you have the Gekko plugin installed it should be removed before using this otherwise you will experience these conflicts.

Also incorporated was the support for SPRG names for PS3 as added by Tridentsx. The full sourcecode for this plugin is included in the download package.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News