XCM Introduces a USB Hot and Cold Coaster for PCs and Car Use
Today the XCM Team has officially introduced their new [Register or Login to view links] for PCs and car use.
Below are the details from their official site, as follows:
This device is for computer peripherals or car to heat or cool drinks via USB power cord, able to drink cold drinks in hot summer days or hot drinks in chilly winter, no matter inside the car or next to the computer, this device can provide you the excellent lifestyle.
1. Using low voltage and universal USB power, it is safe and convenient, excellent for using at home, office and on board.
2. Built in the heating and cooling function, work on any weather or season.
3. Built in the double color LED (Red LED – Heating, Blue LED- Cooling)
4. Built in adjustable tap to hold the beverage not to spill.
5. Double USB power supply, enhance the efficiency.
6. Unique design-Multi-curvature arc conduction plate for better conductive efficiency.
7. Built in semiconductor refrigeration and PTC heating component
I remember someone making something like this ages and ages ago and I bought one and it only really slows the process of cooling/heating (depending on which mode you have) but it will never take a drink from warm to cold or cold to warm. Just not enough juice running through usb, unless they've used USB 3.0 in which case that could potentially be interesting.
Wouldn't it be easier to just plug something like this into a wall outlet and get more power and better cooling/heating? Wouldn't mind something like this at my PC desk, but getting less power over USB and taking up USB slots on my PC just for something like this seems silly.