Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

XBox 360 Mandatory System Update Arrives Over XBox Live

Sponsored Links
    Today a mandatory system update has been released for the XBox 360 console over XBox Live.

Users signing in to XBox Live will receive a prompt to update their systems, and users that are already signed in may be signed out and asked to accept the update.

To quote from Microsoft's Major Nelson (linked above): "I wanted to let you know that the team has released a system update for the Xbox 360 over Xbox LIVE.

Sometime over the next few hours when you sign in to Xbox LIVE you'll receive a prompt to accept this mandatory update. If you are signed into LIVE already, you may be signed out and asked to accept the update and you'll be back online in a few moments.

There are no new features or changes in this update. This update is preparation for additional system enhancements (Facebook/Twitter/Last.FM) that will arrive later this year."

XBox 360 Mandatory System Update Arrives Over XBox Live

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As cool as it is to access Facebook/Twitter on Xbox LIVE, I'd really rather prefer they finally make a proper web browser. Isn't the FM radio going to lag loads based on your internet connection?

Especially since lately, I've noticed Xbox LIVE has been pretty weak not too long ago (or at least on Halo 3) for quite a bit...

Besides, we can already Twitter and Facebook from just about anything. At least add MySpace, or Youtube, or something that's less available...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There are no new features or changes in this update. This update is preparation for additional system enhancements (Facebook/Twitter/Last.FM) that will arrive later this year.
    yeh, cept the odd security update we slid in just to make your lives more difficult (BS) LOL.

Adding Netflix was a killer app.

I don't see Facebook/Twitter/Last.FM being a console seller. Makes me wonder which way money is flowing... To MS or from MS.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News