Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Xbox 360's Final Dev Kit Arrived

Sponsored Links
    Xbox 360: Final Xbox 360 Xenon Development Kits Arrive
    By: CÚsar A. Berardini - "Cesar"
    Sep. 4th, 2005 12:34 pm

Cliff Bleszinski, Lead Designer at Epic Games, has updated his developer blog revealing that the final version of the Xbox 360 XeDK (Xenon Development Kit) has arrived. This means that developers now finally have the same silicon found in the retail Xbox 360 consoles that will be available to consumers this Fall.

Developers will continue to receive software updates but now they are working with final hardware, which means they can obtain final benchmarks to fully optimize their code and take advantage of the Xbox 360's three symmetrical cores (each running at 3.2 GHz) and custom ATI graphics chip.

We also hope to see Xbox 360 games running on final hardware soon, probably at the Tokyo Game Show and definitely at the X05 show in early October.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the news update HitCon!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice info thanks

happy to be of service

Xbox Debug Kit

Hi,

I got hold of a full functional Xbox Debug Kit with a review version of Rallisport Challenge 2. I read some where in another forum that it comes with a 250GB hard drive but haven't opened yet to confirm it.

I am not a big coder or get hold of preview games so I don't have much of use of this so I was wondering if there is anywhere detailing all the specs and details of what so special about this unit?

Also if I decide ebay this, it will be a very rare collectable item so how much it should go for?

How in the world did you get a hold of one of those, or would you rather not say?

If tell you that then I will have to kill you. :-)

Just kidding... Well I work for a one of the big video game retailers' corporate headquarter where M$ sends out these units so our employees (buyers) can preview the game so they place an order for thousands of copies to distribute in stores.

Some time we have an "internal sale" of extra good that is taking up the office space and that's where I bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by zeeman
    Hi,

I got hold of a full functional Xbox Debug Kit with a review version of Rallisport Challenge 2. I read some where in another forum that it comes with a 250GB hard drive but haven't opened yet to confirm it.

I am not a big coder or get hold of preview games so I don't have much of use of this so I was wondering if there is anywhere detailing all the specs and details of what so special about this unit?

Also if I decide ebay this, it will be a very rare collectable item so how much it should go for?
    250GB laptop HDDs (what comes with XB360s instead of a normal desktop HDD) do not exist. I'd say you'd stand to make a few thousand if you hock it on eBay...

So how much did the Kit cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett
    250GB laptop HDDs (what comes with XB360s instead of a normal desktop HDD) do not exist. I'd say you'd stand to make a few thousand if you hock it on eBay...
    I am sorry and seems like you misunderstood. I am talking about Xbox Debug Kit not 360.

It's basically the transparent green Xbox that allow you to play preview games. Usually this unit given to press, retail buyers, and developers.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News