Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

XBox 360's Facebook & Twitter Requires XBL Gold Subscription

Sponsored Links
    At E3 Microsoft said that Xbox Live users would need to be Gold members (requiring an annual fee) to access Last.fm without paying for a Last.fm-specific subscription.

What Microsoft didn't mention, however, was that these limitations would extend to both Facebook and Twitter as well.

This news was buried in Microsoft's late night press release about the new Xbox 360 price adjustments. Here's what the press release says, to quote:

"Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage."

When Facebook and Twitter's Xbox Live extensions launch later this year, you'll need to be a paying subscriber to access the applications.

The press release doesn't get anymore specific than saying the social networking add-ons will arrive sometime "this fall," as Microsoft has said in the past.

XBox 360's Facebook & Twitter Requires XBL Gold Subscription

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so now i am most definitely getting charged for something thats free to use. Gaming online was iffy since it was free for so long (cept mmos) but now they really are crossing a line.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have the perfect solution!

GET A PS3, use firefox to get to facebook. As for movies and stuff, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of streaming divx (don't know if it works) out there.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well... ever since that article on the gamedaily on reasons why to ditch the ps3 for the xbox... i've been sick of hearing about xbox this and that, i dont see why anyone is shocked Y_Y

Microsoft is throwing money into this and that, to keep ahead of Sony... since they keep shelling out this cash to make your experience better, they ofc are passing these great add ons, to you people for a price =3... nothing new in the day to day world of marketing BS.

lol if they want to use facebook go on a computer or buy a ps3 lol even my tv can go on facebook and twitter lol

lmao, wow you need to be a subscribed membership to have these app's... i believe even phones have these apps and im sure they are free rofl!

ok so they want me to pay to use a free service? no thanks ill use my pda with built in Facebook and twitter apps. or one of the 8 computers in my house.

freakin microsoft for yah....
    Last edited by JeffJ; 08-28-2009 at 12:58 PM

Divx does work. There are two good websites with free downloads. The great thing is you can download them directly to your ps3's hdd.

um

yeah... it's called a perk. they aren't expecting people to subscribe just for these features. just an enticement to add to the other reasons to subscribe, like online play, or netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by brazi11 View Post
    yeah... it's called a perk. they aren't expecting people to subscribe just for these features. just an enticement to add to the other reasons to subscribe, like online play, or netflix.
    the shouldn't be using a free popular service, and then require you to subscribe to therep ay service, in order to use it. thats just dirty.

what about people like me who never use live? so then what i have to buy a gold account so i can use other wise found free every where els services?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News